“Great place for kids and pets”
other travellers have booked this property
Exterior, with deck Panorama from deck, #1
Panorama from deck, #3
Panorama from deck, #4
Living area, photo #1
Living area, photo #2
Looking down stairs from front loft
Bathroom, photo #1
Bathroom, photo #2
Bedroom, photo #1
Kitchen, photo #1
Kitchen, photo #2
Evening view from deck
Stairs down to dock
Cottage from upper driveway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 12 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
ik631
“Great place for kids and pets”
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

We booked the cottage as a launching point for our Maine adventures from Rockland, Acadia, Deer Isle and all points in between. This place was great. It was quiet and out of the way yet close enough to many small costal towns. It was within 15-30 min of many great restaurants in Castine and Bucksport. I avoid Bar Harbor like the plague but we still went. It is well kept up and spacious. The kitchen has all you need to cook a nice meal. I cook everything from scratch and it didn't leave me wanting. The kids loved the loft. The furniture was comfortable. The only downside I could find with the cottage is the bathroom is on the small side. I am a big guy, played football, etc. The privacy more than made up for it. There is also a shed to store items like bikes. The kids had plenty to explore especially when the tide was out. The neighbor was very friendly and he let our kids use his swing set. Our kids played with his grand kids a few days. There is a dramatic difference in the tides. I wish we had time to take out the kayaks but the tides really didn't allow for it when we were there. It seemed every time we were there it was low tide. High tide must of been when we were off exploring. The changes in weather give dramatic views of the river. We loved watching the fog roll in and then burn off. We got great pictures. Saw many deer, porcupine, birds, clams, crabs, seals, and a lobster boat. I would definitely use this place again.

Shelley O
Pittsburgh
“Pasadena, MD”
Reviewed 5 June 2017 for a stay in October 2016

This was our second, but not the last visit to this cottage. Our first was in June 2015, and we loved both weeks. Wonderful cottage, easy access to local lakes, blueberry farms, small towns with quaint charm and easy access to Bar Harbor. We loved waking up to peace and quiet, walking out with our pups to a stunning view overlooking the Bagaduce River. The cottage is fully equipped with all you need, beautiful fireplace and heat if you need it. The only thing that I would change would be to make the bathroom a little bigger. Worth our drive from below Baltimore, MD!

Management Response
5 Jun 2017
Thank you! When we did our seasonal opening of the cottage last week I thought every single day about how great it would be to expand the bathroom, as you've suggested. The idea is not falling on deaf ears believe me! In the meantime, I'm always so touched and gratified that you all respond to the place just as we do ourselves. Thank you so much for making the cottage a part of your lives!
Seekonk, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
FrogNJ1
Galloway, New Jersey
“Lovely peaceful cottage by the water.”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband, my daughter, our dog, and I stayed a week at the end of June and had a great time. While not luxurious, you will find everything you need for a relaxing vacation. The lupine were blooming, the weather was great and the location while secluded was 20 minutes from a town, Blue Hill, with all amenities one could want.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The garden was my favorite place with the Adirondack chairs facing the water, what a view!
Liked least: Expect for the master bedroom, the mattress my daughter slept on wasn't the most comfortable.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Roger L
New York City, New York
“Beautiful place to stay in a beautiful area”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Cottage was great. Up on a bluff over the water, it was like being on a boat, with water on 3 sides. Cottage was cute and nicely furnished and as described. Everything worked great. Fireplace was nice in the evenings. Our dog loved it.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing