“TERRIBLE CLAM CHOWDER”
Review of The Shack

The Shack
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We ordered among other items 4 cups of clam chowder.
watery, no potatoes, very small amount of clams, barely warm - The worst ever. My wife ate half of it and left the rest. If you want clam chowder this is NOT the place

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Good food, friendly service, close to the beach. Enjoyed every morsel and the drinks. be sure to order the Lobster Roll.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Not terrible, but not good. Just ok. Priced much too high to be just ok but that's beach life. I was disappointed at how weak the pricey drinks were. Honestly, I was just disappointed in the meal as a whole. The staff was nice. If I was ever desperate enough to go back I'd stick to a beer and a burger and probably be much happier.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The potion size compared to the price of the meal is not worth it. I could not get my burger cooked anywhere close to the way I wanted it. They also include the tip in the bill and the service was not good and was not deserving of the tip they put in. We left hungry.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for a casual lunch, this is our second trip to OOB and we plan to make this lunch stop a tradition. Definitely no frills and expensive for what it is but it meets expectations. I was disappointed to see that they took the ahí tuna lettuce cups off of the menu as they were the reason that I wanted to return. I did get a lobster roll but had spicy mayo on it so I can’t comment to the quality of the standard one, I had read reviews from other mentioning that it is bland. I do believe that the lobster roll is extremely over priced for what it really is especially being lobster must be a reasonable price for these local restaurants. My husband had steak tips and they were made well, medium-rare as he had asked. We sat up top, on the deck out back both times that we had visited the kids enjoy watching the roller coaster go by, it is a bit noisy but for a casual lunch adds to the experience. The ability to write on the walls with chalk is a great time for the kids which just adds to the quirkiness of this establishment. If you are looking for a casual place with decent food check it out.