“Bring back the tuna lettuce cups!”
Review of The Shack

The Shack
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for a casual lunch, this is our second trip to OOB and we plan to make this lunch stop a tradition. Definitely no frills and expensive for what it is but it meets expectations. I was disappointed to see that they took the ahí tuna lettuce cups off of the menu as they were the reason that I wanted to return. I did get a lobster roll but had spicy mayo on it so I can’t comment to the quality of the standard one, I had read reviews from other mentioning that it is bland. I do believe that the lobster roll is extremely over priced for what it really is especially being lobster must be a reasonable price for these local restaurants. My husband had steak tips and they were made well, medium-rare as he had asked. We sat up top, on the deck out back both times that we had visited the kids enjoy watching the roller coaster go by, it is a bit noisy but for a casual lunch adds to the experience. The ability to write on the walls with chalk is a great time for the kids which just adds to the quirkiness of this establishment. If you are looking for a casual place with decent food check it out.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Steak on some fried potato mash of some sort was horrible. Overcooked and in some weird sweet sauce. Lobster roll was pretty bland - perhaps missing sufficient mayo.

Service was actually decent.

Really disappointing meal.

1  Thank Nchan2000
Reviewed 21 July 2018

The Shack in Old Orchard Beach, Maine is an excellent choice for a dinning whether it is for lunch, dinner or brunch. The Menu is an interesting mixture of local seafood and it is prepared in an original form.

The oysters are fresh, the service is attentive and the beer selection is more than sufficient.

1  Thank DPTMF
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

The Shack wasn’t our first destination but due to an impending storm we decided to ditch our original plan and eat here. First of all - if you don’t like seafood don’t come here. They offer little else. Our drinks were $10 a piece for 12oz plastic cups filled to the top with ice. The sirloin tips were almost rare and all gristle. The fried scallops were tiny little over cooked pieces. No real sides for $25 meals. We’ve been coming to OOB for years and would never come here again. The only reason it isn’t one star is because we were able to tuck my mom’s wheelchair in a safe place. You’ve been warned!

1  Thank Gretchen C
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Being seated was a bit of an ordeal but we waited it out. Another family that arrived after us was seated first and I was ready to leave. But, we waited it out and the food was average. Service was good and there were lots of choices on the menu.