“3 Meals and Totally Satisfied”

Joseph's by the Sea Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph's by the Sea Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We were visiting OOB this past May. There was not a whole lot of choice as a lot of restaurants and pubs were not yet openend for the season. My wife and daughter and I decided to try Josephs out of necessity rather than choice but we were happy that we did. Our hotel side door opened onto Josephs parking lot. We all ordered the special the first and second night of our stay. The first night was a delicious chicken breast dinner with melted cheese on the chicken and great fresh vegetable. The service was impeccable. We also loved the ocean view while dining. Our second night was again the special, this time a rib eye steak cooked to perfection. Mine was a little grisselly though. Service was once again impecable. We also had breakfast there on our first morning and it was also quite good....just simple eggs, bacon and home fries and toast.
I highly recommend.

1  Thank VernonBirdman

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Crepe and waffle were good acerage, not something special. The strawberry sauce was nice. The fresh orange juice was not freshly squeezed as the waitress said and the cappuchino was not a real Italien one, it was more American coffee with some foam and milk. The service was very friendly and the view nice. You habe to pay in the front which I could imagine to be annoying when it is crowded and you have to wait.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Sadly this restaurant is a definite PASS and you should run away from it as fast as you can. I drove 1 hour and 45 minutes to meet my daughter at Joseph’s for dinner. We made reservations with Open Table which was easy. When we arrived we were seated where we enjoyed a nice ocean view. We placed our order which included 2 salads and Sautéed Chicken and Best of Both Worlds (Filet and Lobster in a demi-glace cooked medium well. The salads were fresh and delicious but gingerly small for $8.00. Now, comes the entrees! My daughters Sauteed Chicken was perfect but I was given the wrong meal. I was served the Peppered Steak which I couldn’t eat due to an allergy to the cheese. The waitress took my meal and again I specified which meal and how I wanted the steak cooked. 20 minutes later my meal arrived and it was cooked rare and the blood was flowing into the mash potatoes and vegetables. My meal was sent back and again I said Medium Well. At this point, my daughter is done her meal and a complimentary glass of wine is brought to me. 10 minutes later my meal arrives and we check the steak and it is medium rare!!!! They take the meal again. Now they bring a crock of clam chowder. I refuse it as I do not like clams. 10 minutes later my meal returns and the potatoes, lobster, and veggies are all cold and blood-soaked still and the steak is medium rare still!!! So 40 minutes go by and I have not eaten yet and my daughter is done and so upset for me. The waitress states that she will take the meal off of my check. One would think!!!! I said please just pack the steak and lobster and I will cook it later. I asked the waitress this one question…..I am surprised that your manager has not come by to speak with me. I was told, “You are such a nice lady that I told her not to”!!!!!! I was appalled and said that was not your choice to make for me. We left and I went to the boardwalk for a slice of pizza.

2  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I love Joseph"s by the Sea because it sure makes you feel at home no matter where you are Joseph's by the Sea treat's you like family

1  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent service ,food superb, risotto great, all perfect, atmosphere wonderful, waitresses top notch. I used to work in a 4 star resort couldn’t have ask for better service.

1  Thank Macky C