The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern
US$170
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath(Brunswick)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$184
Comfort Inn(Brunswick)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$98
Americas Best Value Inn Brunswick(Brunswick)(Great Value!)
US$86
Relax Inn(Brunswick)
US$64
US$93
All reviewsbowdoin collegepolar bearamtrak stationcomfortable bedsrental carjoshua chamberlainmaine statebeautiful hotelmaine streetample parkingice machinenew englandcorner roomfront desk staffcommon areasvery nice staywould stay here again
Reviewed 4 December 2017

used to live in Lewiston and Falmouth and have spent a good amount of time in Brunswick. This is a 5 year old hotel right off the village green across from Bowdoin college. We were going to Boothbay for Garden's Aglow and my wife told me to get a place between Freeport and Boothbay. Our top choice in Freeport was booked so I took a flyer on this. First thing I saw was this one star review and said...uhoh....but proceeded anyway. And wow. Beautiful renovated old building, Wood, Wood fireplace, beautiful tavern, rooms were clean, comfortable, modern with period touches (like black and white tiled floors); good lighting. Bathroom fixtures were pretty much basic but nice Hilton Garden style, i've seen worse and I've seen better but other than that, perfectly functional and clean. Room clean, great mattress,. We brought our dog and it cost an additional $50. Breakfast was included. Total was about $200. You don't get a place like this with breakfast for $150. Outstanding value and just about perfect. On site parking. Walkable to everything you'd want to see in Brunswick. Breakfast in tavern included scrambles, toast, hash browns, good coffee and along was $35.00 so not only was this place beautiful and well kept but it was a good bargain as well.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chimayred
Chris B, General Manager at The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear chimayred,
Considering us an outstanding value and just about perfect is a very nice compliment, glad we were able to enhance your trip to Gardens Aglow! Thank you for staying and for the review, we hope we will be your new top choice whenever you return to the area.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We had a block of rooms reserved for my son's wedding in September, 2017. The trouble started upon check-in when the bride's parents were told they had no room when in fact the reservation was confirmed 2 hours prior. The "bridal suite" had old food in the fridge and the room was dirty. My room had old beer bottles in it and the bathroom was not clean. We arranged for a welcome gathering in the tavern and only 1 bartender was working. Our guests could not get drinks. The hotel was clearly not prepared for the number of guests. I would not recommend this hotel. We had wedding guests who stayed in other hotels/inns in Brunswick and they had great experiences.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dana t
Chris B, General Manager at The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear dana t,
I would like to thank you for taking the time of advising us of your stay in September. It’s through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve on the service we provide to our valued guests. I was very disappointed to read of the experience you had with us, and I sincerely apologize. This level of service is not acceptable and be assured it has been addressed with the staff. Although I understand that we corrected the booking error and were able to accommodate all members of your party; and that our Director of Sales was able to meet with you to discuss these events, I apologize for not delivering a better experience. While my apology will regrettably not change the outcome of your stay, we hope we have an opportunity to regain your trust in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

This is the perfect place when visiting Bowdoin, located right across the street! From the cozy fire in the lobby to the super comfortable beds Brunswick Hotel is a great place to stay. We found the room and common areas extremely clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Hospitality included fruit, cookies and afternoon tea in the lobby to the Tavern which had very good food and a nice wine selection. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina S

Dear Christina S.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and shared your experience here on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and thank you for considering us the perfect place to stay. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Bath/Brunswick area.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Second visit to this lovely hotel adjacent to Bowdoin College. Love the inviting decor, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. We had a great "farm to table" dinner in the Tavern. I love that the new menu features local produce, meat and seafood. Quality is excellent and atmosphere is very lively. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear thenders0n,
It was great to have you back, we appreciate you returning to us. Glad you had the chance to try our new fall menu, we are using locally sourced foods from Maine farms! We can’t wait to have you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I made the reservation 6 months in advance at the rate of 159.00 per night.
When I received my credit card statement, they charged me 350.00 per night.
The manager who made the reservation for me is no longer working there. I was stuck paying this. Check your bill. Check the rates. Somewhere down the line someone changed my rate. Very unprofessional and disappointing. Not worth it.

1  Thank talbanese913