“Fish n chips with a view”

Kaiaua Fish and Chips Takeaways
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Kaiaua
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Took a Sunday drive in our classic car as had heard great reviews about this place.
Beautiful drive for adverage fish and chips
I found it a bit pricey, chips and fish were well cooked but just adverage.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

On a magnificent mid-winter's blue sky day we had bought takeaways here before and we were not disappointed this time either! Don't worry about buying the cheapest fillets - the hoki was perfectly cooked and flaked apart to let the steam out. We sat on park tables across the road, staring out across the Firth of Thames and Coromandel Forest Park, some 20km across the sea. Just stunning and the only negative is the seagulls hanging around for our leftovers - not a chance!

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Our local chippie. ..the kids love this place.
We usually order a range of deep fries and battered fish...which usually hits the spot.
Sometimes on busy days the draining of orders is rushed but usually we enjoy our treat of fish and chips from our local!!

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Myrtle and I had been told about this place by several sources all saying how good it was.
We however were disappointed. I spied a hair in Myrtles scallop in the batter so that put me off continuing to eat. We ordered the seafood basket and a piece of terakihi (fod) and a couple of cans of soft drink.
Overall I'm glad I've been but I won't be in a hurry to return.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Great feed. Fish fresh and well cooked. Busy as..but service just fine unlike other commenters thought. Obviously popular. Mayo was presented on our dine in plates on a slice of curved onion. Never seen that done before..liked it! See pic showing that.