See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights, worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was cheap $295 for the 5 nights. Room small, beds very uncomfortable, no tea or coffee facilities in the room, small fridge that wasn't working properly. Bathroom was ok except nowhere to put anything, leaky shower, was only given two towels for three people, even when we said 3 towels were needed. The pool was not available, it was empty. The place is noisy at night, no ironing facilities in room, the laundry room is dirty, looks like it is never cleaned, no ironing facilities there either. They couldn't seem to find my reservation from the start, I booked a room with two queen beds got a room with two doubles. The room is old and dated with decor that is from the 70's. If we could have been refunded we would have stayed somewhere else after the very first night. Will not recommend to anyone to stay here

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
angelinalafrance, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

I would like to apologize to your for all of the inconveniences that you encountered when you visited our establishment.
Concerning the pool, the only time the pool was not available during your visit is if it was raining as we do not allow swimming in the rain or you visited the pool after 7:30 pm. There are signs posted throughout the pool area stating the rules and the hours that the pool, is open,7:30 am to 7:30 pm.
concerning the rooms, we offer single king size bed/two double beds/ smoking or nonsmoking room
I am sorry that you were not satisfied and we are constantly remolding the place as .I f you ever ecounter anything unsatisfactory please contact Anlina (985)

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I'm going to start this review off by saying I was looking for somewhere cheap to sleep before boarding a cruise in New Orleans. It was jazz fest and most hotels were crazy booked. After a 9 1/2 hour drive not including stops I was excited to pull into the hotel. I'm not going to lie the outside looks a bit shady. But we winded up having a room in the inside of the courtyard facing the pool. That pool felt so good after that long of a ride. I didn't interact with the staff all that much but when I did, I was pleased. It's no 5 star hotel by any means, But you get what you pay for. It was decently clean. The bathroom was a good size. The bed was comfy enough. Ill stay again before cruising out of New Orleans.

Room Tip: I liked inside the courtyard facing the pool
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
angelinalafrance, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

We are very excited that you enjoyed your lodging experience and are looking forward to your next visit. Concerning your comment on the outside appearance, I am glad to inform you that we are actually beginning a landscaping makeover project 05/25/2017. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Worst motel I ever stayed in. One side was against a trailer park the other a sonic burger joint.
Noisy and super dated straight from the 80's and same furniture. I slept in my clothes. Family run and maintained. Even the cab driver who picked me up couldn't believe we stayed there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, even at $59. too nasty.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 April 2017

I am sorry that you were disappointed with visit. The motel is fumigated and carpets commercially cleaned monthly, we have not had any complaints concerning bugs in the rooms. The small trailer park is occupied by working families whom have never caused a problem with our guests in the past. Our rooms were recently updated in July,2016 however we like to keep the nostalgia of this building which we have been complemented on by our older guest. Yes this motel is a franchised business and run by family which actually gives it a more personal touch , enforces a family atmosphere and monitor the guest activity.
I would like to apologize to you and wish you luck with your future lodging arrangements.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I would not stay here again for what we paid ($73.94). The hotel's building and grounds are "tired" and not well kept. There was mold in the shower and I could only get luke warm water for a shower. It was so tepid I hopped in then right back out. Brrr. Towels were also 'tired' and thin. The bedding had a chemical odor to it and the pillowcase was so rough and smelly I got up in the middle of the night and put my own T-shirt over the pillow so I could get some sleep. The breakfast room needs a face lift or at least a little TLC. Coffee was available but no tea. Thankful we were only there one night.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 April 2017

Thank you for your review and bringing these things to our attention . We will work towards making your next visit a positive experience

Reviewed 26 February 2017

My house was destroyed by fire. My neighbors checked me into the Knight's Inn Metairie,la. Everything was nice. The front desk were sympathetic and checked me in right away.The housekeeping department is keeping my room very clean. I have been here since 1/28/17 paying weekly while I am waiting to find a place to live.The manager at the front desk in the morning Mr. PM is so kind and helpful too. The lady at the front desk Angelina is helping me to find a place to live and helping me with food. Over all this is a great place to stay, the rooms are great, the employees are wonderful and I felt safe and comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure to request an upstairs/downstairs room, smoking /non smoking room
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 25 April 2017

We were happy to have you as a guest and excited that things are getting better for you. Our doors are always open to you