All reviews front desk new orleans a wonderful stay french quarter coffee maker bed was comfortable next morning upon check early flight wake up call convenient location minute drive rental car the shuttle driver airport airline conference
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Room was clean when I checked in. I tried to order room service but no one ever answered the phone then tried the front desk no answer either, tried for over 25 minutes no answer. I finally got aggravated just went down stairs to order food to take back up stairs to my room. Not impressed that no one would answer the phone.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank travelermanPhoenix
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We chose the Crowne Plaza Airport for a Navy veteran's organization reunion. The lobby and meeting rooms are very pretty and spacious. A lobby bar is a great gathering space.
Our room was very nice (we are IHG frequent guests, so we were on a floor reserved for IHG members). We had a king bed - the only option was two double beds. No idea why not two queens like 99% of hotels!
Anyway, our room was spacious, housekeeping spoiled us, and the shower had good hot water every morning!
The hotel provided our group with breakfast each day and it was excellent.
The banquet meal included an excellent gumbo along with pork, fish and chicken entrees. We started our dinner just a few minutes behind schedule and the entrees were a little dried out - can't really blame them since we started late!
There were a few miscues and miscommunications, but we worked them all out.
All in all, we're pleased with our choice of hotel!

Room Tip: Be aware that the rooms with two beds have two double beds, not two queens.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Ashlyn N, Front Desk Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Hi!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and the Crowne Plaza N.O. Airport. It is always a pleasure to have the Navy reunion here with us each year. We are very pleased that you had a great and pleasant stay with us and that we were able to fix any issues that may have arose. Your comments will be shared here with the staff and hotel management. We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Upon arriving I managed to be checked in and given room keys without a warm welcome or eye contact. Definitely a first. Within a few minutes of arriving I requested to switch rooms because the first one wasn't clean. There were visible handprints on the headboard and the bathroom didn't look like it was cleaned after the last guest. The new room was worse. Lipstick (or blood) on the lampshade, a men's sock under the desk, various shades of hair in the bathroom and on the ironing board, stained curtains and worn, carpeting. Unfortunately I was told by the front desk that rooms were sold out for the night, so I appeared to be stuck or out of the money already paid. My charger malfunctioned at 11pm, and the concierge suggested I cross the 4 lane highway to purchase one from a nearby gas station. So strange that an airport presumably frequented by businessmen and women would not have charging docks, stations or even a spare charger in times of an emergency. My experiences with this brand of hotel are usually stellar - so the high ratings for this property are surprising. The sole highlight was the airport shuttle driver who was warm, friendly and engaging. If you value cleanliness, a friendly staff and updated accommodations, stay elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hi craig b,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We strive to leave our guests with a positive lasting impression and can see that we have fallen short of our goal. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message with to obtain additional information about your reservation.

Many thanks for your feedback. We want your experiences with us to be always rewarding.

Connie D

Reviewed 3 May 2018

My room was nothing like the pictures posted by this hotel. Perhaps some of the rooms are but not in my case. Room was just average to say the least. A score of 2 would be to low but 3 seems a little high. Corridors can became a little confusing. I spent 1 night here but based on what I saw this hotel is average & nothing more. My room was far from updated unlike the pictures posted by this hotel. The free hotel shuttle was a plus. I had an early flight so did not inquire about breakfast. Staff was friendly but this hotel just didn't have a good feel for me or my friend. No, I would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Hello Ada A,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. I am pleased to see your kind remarks for our staff to be friendly. However, I am sorry to see that the condition of the room fell below your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will serve as an encouragement, as we continuously strive to improve the quality of services offered to our guests.

Once more, thanks for leaving your thoughts and despite some setbacks, I hope you give our hotel another chance to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Dianne L.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel using Hotwire.com when I arrived at the hotel they didn’t have my reservation so they just gave me what they had. I had to sleep in the same bed with my two almost grown kids all weekend. I tried to order from the restaurant and didn’t have a menu I called front desk to get one brought up the clerk tells me she’ll get one brought up, after not having one almost 20 minuets late I called back to the front desk then she tells me I had to come get it myself although the menu should have already been in my room. The service at this hotel was the worst

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bonnertanzy
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi bonnertanzy,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. I'm sorry to hear about the challenges that came with your visit, especially with room service. I'd like to look into this for you and I sent a direct message to obtain a few specifics. I trust that our hotel is one with me in making our accommodations and services better. We hope that you will give us another chance to regain your confidence in our brand.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Anna B