“When I cannot sit down I call in here; bfst sizzlers”

Melliejoanz Cafe & Takeaways
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Waipapa
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Melliejoanz Cafe has a friendly atmosphere where you can eat in or takeaway. Everything is homemade, which includes an extensive range of hot meat pies, vegetarian pies, seafood pies, cakes slices and biscuits. Our burgers are made with 120gram homemade beef Pattie, which can be added to with, cheese, egg, bacon, as well as a scotch fillet steak. We provide all day breakfasts or if you like fish & chips at any time of the day. Our fish is fresh blue nose, fresh snapper or fresh Gurnard, will also provide hoki fish. We also provide Max fresh ground coffee all day. Melliejoanz has FREE Wi-Fi for those customers that need to work on the move or just update their emails.
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I drive limousines and sometimes have no time for a good breakfast- so I stop in here for some ready cooked stuff like sandwiches, sausages, chicken nibbles; all to keep the engine going! It is tasty food, and the place is so popular, with seating both inside and outside. Convenient to all at Waipapa Junction.
And a bonus is that the owner and his wife are charming Sth-East Asian couple, with adorable young daughters; who know me now and speak Chinese Mandarin to me in the middle of the local supermarket!- so friendly and welcoming!!

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 6 January 2016

The food is well presented, but the flavors are too bland, also I do not like the coffee. Reminds me too much of food in England.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Call in to satisfy your Sweet Tooth desires.... I love the sweets here they are huge, honest and delish homemades*

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Very pleased with new management. Keeping up the high standard MellieJoanz was known for. Good service, great coffee, and yummy food. Fish and chips the best!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 17 March 2015

I have now been three times to this place for my lunch. I was recommended by a friend, and he is still a friend. Yes the food was tasty, a great selection, and the service very good. I would and will return here as it is scrumpious

Date of visit: March 2015