“Nice museum and planetarium.”

Louisiana Art & Science Museum
Ranked #21 of 82 things to do in Baton Rouge
More attraction details
Owner description: The Louisiana Art & Science Museum offers educational entertainment for visitors of all ages.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

A lot of interesting displays and a fact filled self guided tour. The planetarium had an interesting show about the constellations and galaxies.
A very nice location on the Mississippi River with a park and Riverwalk.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"activity"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We dropped by after checking out the Mississippi River and since we had a reciprocal membership to a science center near home, the price was right. A penny more and it would have been too costly. The recent Inuit exhibit held the very slightest interest and the "science" room was basically day care. The planetarium was fair, but we left before the three segments were over. Just not worth the time.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Since I was a kid, I’ve loved planetariums and ‘star shows’. While I was in town for a couple days I enjoyed the JOURNEY TO THE STARS presentation here in Baton Rouge science center planetarium.

I didn’t have time to see the balance of the art/science museum, but I saw what I came for. It was a relaxing and educational 40 minutes.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We took our grandson to the hands-on experiment program. It was interesting and interactive. Then we went to the 2 shows at the planetarium, which were good. Our grandson enjoyed his time there. I would like to go more ofter but the cost for occasional visits is pricey.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The museum was a big disappointment. Lower floor has Cochineal history and the upper floor Egyptian history. These two can be completed in 25 minutes after spending extended amount of time at each.
The planetarium is good but the shows are meant for children (narration) and even that is not enticing.
The price they charge is right perhaps. For adults, it is a big disappointment.