“Beautiful setting; great cabin in the woods with...”
other travellers have booked this property
living area Outside of cabin
Living area
Downstairs bedroom
Upstairs bedroom
Bathroom (linens provided)
Cabins tucked away in the trees
What you can see as you walk our maintained trails
What you can see as you walk our maintained trails
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dayertrip
Southington, Connecticut
“Beautiful setting; great cabin in the woods with access to everything the RRG offers”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Very clean , efficient set-up. This was my second stay with my son for great RRG climbing, but with a shower and bed at the end of the day! Great jump off point for climbing, the parks, or sight seeing. Not a motel, but a semi private and well stocked cabin with beautiful rustic finishes. Be prepared for a bit of a steep driveway but it adds to the charm of a cabin in the woods.
The owners, Craig and Wendy, are there to help should you ask, but let you do your own thing; their knowledge of the Gorge and guide recommendations can really improve your stay.
If you climb, take the time to explore the crags on site: some really fanstic views and private climbing locations.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: setting
Liked least: low/no phone reception, but you're in the woods!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
27 Aug 2015
I am so glad that you enjoyed your time here. It was great getting to know you. Yes, the driveway is not flat, but at least it is paved going up the hill. I guess it is part of the landscape around here...and we don't charge you extra for the adventure :-) Come back and see us again!!!

FOR FUTURE GUESTS, there is a semi steep section of paved road that goes up to the cabins. This is very typical for this area of the country. We have had experienced motorcyclists and folks driving low clearance vehicles navigate it with ease and return again for a second or third stay. We keep the road well maintained.
Daniel B
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great private retreat”
Reviewed 9 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

The RRO cabins were a great find! Availability in the Red River Gorge area was extremely limited for my planned two night visit during the third week of October. Wendy helped out greatly by calling me back after my initial phone contact, and suggesting that I simply switch cabins on the second night, which was really easy since they are a very short walk away from each other,. Parking is right next to the cabins. I spent my first evening in the Couples Corner then over to Amy's A Frame. Both cabins were well-equipped, cozy, comfortable, and feel very secluded, even though the cabins are relatively close to each other in reality.

Wendy and Craig were most pleasant and accommodating, and made sure I had everything I needed.

The private trails on their 86 acre property are just great. My hike past the pond and the cliffs felt like something out of JRR Tolkein, and on my second morning I watched the sun rise over the treetops while sitting on a big boulder on a ridge top. I just scratched the surface of this beautiful area, and I hope that I can make a longer stay in the future.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing