“Filling comfort food.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

The prices are reasonable and the servings are ample. Service is always good as well as the food. It’s a small place dealing with Covid restrictions so tables are further apart now. Still, they haven’t skimped on portions and quality of food. My fried catfish was much larger than I expected and my wife’s one piece country fried steak was tasty and more than she could eat. The sides were very good and filling also. It’s not a fancy place but we like it’s homey feel and friendly service.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (163)

Reviewed 8 August 2020

Good food, fast service and excellent prices. We had the Hot Brown and Pork Chops with collard greens. Everything was nicely cooked and served hot.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank loriar
Reviewed 13 March 2020

Food tastes like it comes out of a can sometimes. In fact you can get the same greens all over Louisville. I think, but not sure, Sysco supplies these.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 7 March 2020

Hadn't been to GCD in 5 or more years and yet the menu was pretty much what I remembered, with a wide range of affordable homestyle entrees. Arrived at 6 on a Saturday night and it was full to near capacity with lots of multi-generational family groups. We were seated right away but some people arriving after us has short waits. Couldn't resist the chicken livers; the portion was very generous so I took about a third home and had for lunch the next day. My wife said her catfish was very good. Not sure why the "premium beers" are a $1 more than the "domestics" as they are about the same price per 6-pack in a retail store, but the less expensive Yuengling went just fine with the freshly fried main dishes.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 18 January 2020

I had the chicken livers, there were so many I didn't thin I could eat them all but I did. Perfectly cooked and good white gravy. The service was fast and friendly and the prices were great

Date of visit: January 2020