“Great Food & Fun Atmosphere ”
Review of OBC Kitchen

OBC Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
OBC Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 969 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Old Bourbon County Kitchen is a chef-driven restaurant and bourbon bar located in Lexington, KY. Enjoy exquisite, artfully-crafted chef plates and a large selection of extremely rare bourbon, eclectic craft beer, a diverse wine list and craft cocktails. Locally-sourced barn wood and dim lighting surround guests as they enjoy high quality, distinctive food in a boutique atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A large group of us went for dinner @ OBC Kitchen. We had reservations & were promptly seated even though all of our party hadn’t arrived. Our waiter was very helpful to suggest drinks & appetizers. I got the “Cat in the Hat” and it was amazing. Another person got the “Green Eggs & Ham” and liked it too. We had to try the bacon appetizer & it did not disappoint. For my dinner I ordered the StackSalad and added salmon. Wonderful!!! We will all be back again. Really enjoyed it all. Loved the giant screen showing pictures of drinks & food in dinning area. Fun place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As part of the BGH group, we thought we would try this spot based on the other properties they own. This place is really a local gem; and while the restaurant is not that large, it has a great vibe to it. Oh, and the bourbon menu is on a tablet. If they don't have it, it may not be legal! While the bourbon is a nice diversion, the food is just quite spectacular. I had the seared halibut over crab potato hash, and it was simply superb. My bride had short ribs and another in our party had the chicken biscuits. Each dish was imaginative, plated well, and served perfectly. The service matched the food and bourbon, just right. If you are in Lexington, and want a little slice of Kentucky that is not mainstream, I highly recommend this spot.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a group of 10 that they easily accommodated. We had an array of dishes and every one left happy. I had the chicken and biscuits and some Mac and cheese. Good Stuff

Reviewed 12 April 2018

OBC Kitchen is a great exploration for bourbon and spirit experts, but their food selection is also impressive. Most of their dishes feature local or regional ingredients and the food is top notch.

The menu is the perfect size. They do a number of dishes and do them well with a complicated menu. Up for your selection are a great number of apps, entrees, and sides. The dessert menu is more limited with only 1-2 items usually, but the buttermilk cinnamon donuts with a trio of sauces does not disappoint. Their short ribs and grits were excellent, as well. During my most recent visit, we also tried the buttermilk jalapeno cornbread. It has a great taste with a little spice, possibly browned a bit too much on this particular occasion but still a great side.

Service was very good and attentive. Great atmosphere, lively restaurant (although a little loud at times), and awesome food. Definitely worth a try for locals or those stopping by the area.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

OBC is another place I’d hoped to get back to on my next annual visit to Lexington, but time was just too short…

OBC is all about Kentucky’s (and America’s) native spirit. Here you can find the of legend you may have read about but is harder to find than Bigfoot. Yes, Pappy van Winkle was available, for a price. If only I’d had a driver.

On our visit, my wife has their Seared Halibut and felt the sear was a bit much. I had the Pork Tenderloin and was very satisfied. Driving that day, I didn’t have an opportunity to sample any more than one of the native spirits, for which the place is named. It can be very difficult to choose.

Additional: Even the employees I spoke with were very disappointed in the closing of adjacent sister restaurants, Sal’s and Meats. I was looking forward to that mighty fine BBQ.