All reviews department store boutique hotel coffee bar faux fur event center great boutique outdoor courtyard tall ceilings craft cocktails shrimp and grits beautiful old building the nicest hotels two sinks deluxe king bourbon bar local snacks great hotel
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Room was nice. Customer service was terrible. Walls are thin. We were on 5th floor and heard the music all night. We there for a conference and needed to be up early next morning. Parking garage is owned by hotel, yet they charge $10 per night for guests to park. Lot was full due to a wedding across the street. We were told hotel guests would have priority parking in hotel’s parking garage to no avail. We waited 10 minutes out side gates for valet to open the gate and let us in. Valet stood next to gate talking on his cell phone. Front desk clerk came out of hotel and walked down to garage to let us in. Customer service was horrible.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
HOT_COV_GM, General Manager at Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Denise T,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I am terribly disappointed that you felt your experience was only worthy of 1 star; considering our Director of Rooms spoke to you during your visit about the parking situation; including an offer to provide complimentary valet so that you would not have to wait for the backlog of parking to clear. Hotel Covington does not own the garage, we lease spaces for use by the hotel and our guests. However, it is a city garage and is open to the public. On the night of your stay the wedding venue across the street hosted 6 weddings, the theatre hosted a sold-out show and Hotel Covington was sold out as well, not to mention our tremendous amount of local guests who enjoy our restaurant. The gentlemen that you're speaking about on his cell phone was our Director of Rooms who was communicating with another member of our team on the 4th floor of the garage getting minute by minute updates of available spaces. We never turn away our valet guests because we can strategically arrange vehicles based on the needs of the guest. When you declined our offer to supply complimentary valet; our hands were somewhat tied due to the many popular venues around the hotel. I am terribly sorry you were not able to enjoy your visit because of these parking issues and I would be more than happy to discuss these concerns further. I can be reached at jolshan@hotelcovington.com.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a family wedding. Our room was in a very quiet section which we appreciated. With 5 weddings in the hotel last weekend, it was a busy place. We were given 2 tokens for coffee from lobby. Only two tokens ‘ tho we were there two days. We had to PAY the second day. The rooms are stark in deco and furnishings. With extremely high ceilings it is almost impossible to feel heat in the room. Lighting is not the best either. I believe the hotel is geared for Millennials only. We did not find it to be comfy or welcoming. Along with room charge and parking charge, we had FOUR additional tax charges on the bill. Needless to say we will not return nor recommend to friends or family.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
HOT_COV_GM, General Manager at Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear mommaw1966,
Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed that you felt your stay was only worthy of 1 star. Our housekeeping team replaces the coffee tokens with each service; since you requested no service on your second night, this would explain why the tokens were not replaced. For future reference; please let our Ambassadors know and we would be happy to provide additional tokens for you. I am also disappointed in your comments about the room feeling "stark". Our furniture was all custom designed for Hotel Covington and features open clothes racks to harken back to the days when the Hotel was a department store. We often get rave reviews for our design. However, we understand that our design is not for everyone. We are a very unique, historic hotel and certainly do not fit into the "big box" hotels that you may be used to. I apologize for the heating concern you described, we would have been happy to look into this for you had you brought it to our attention as ceiling heights should not contribute to an uncomfortable room temperature. The tax charges you refer to in your review are standard taxes required by the federal government, state government, county and city. You would have experienced each one of those charges regardless of what hotel you selected in the region. If I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at jolshan@hotelcovington.com.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I initially booked this hotel for one night in advance based on the overall tripadvisor reviews and room pictures. Unfortunately my hotel experience was mediocore mainly by the poor or lack of valet service. More on that later. The check in was pretty standard and the room was fantastic. We got the double queen and everything was exactly as described and the pictures were pretty accurate. Everything seemed to work fine in the room. The windows were larget and the view was very good. Also the bed was very comfortable.
The fitness facility is small but had high end equipments. So no complaints there.
We did not dine in the hotel but had various coffees that were very good. Overall the service in the lobby and bar area seemed to lack the welcoming feel. The staff seemed to be less attentive. The open-closet and "Taylor-theme" was really good and appeared all throughout the hotel.

Valet: This is where the hotel failed. Two times I had pulled into the hotel for valet (where there's a clear sign) there was no valet that came out to take my key. Both times we had to go inside the hotel to drop off the key.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear jwkim6,
Thank you for your review and candid feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, our large windows, fitness facility and our custom coffee bar. I would be interested to hear why you felt the staff "seemed to lack the welcoming feel" from your observations. Our staff typically gets glowing reviews for their genuine hospitality. I am terribly sorry that your valet experience was anything but top notch. Often times if our valet is busy running cars; we advise guests to bring their keys into the lobby to be given to one of our Ambassadors. However, we do make every attempt to have someone curbside to assist and help with baggage. I do hope that the several glowing aspects of your stay override the need to bring your keys inside for valet assistance and you plan on returning to Hotel Covington. If I can be of any further assistance; or if you would like to provide additional feedback; I can be reached at jolshan@hotelcovington.com

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I got married at the Hotel Covington in 2017 and found it to be beautiful. The ballroom was spacious and elegant. The service was fantastic and the rooms were huge, modern and well decorated.

I went back a year later and wondered if it would hold up and happy to say it did. First, we were upgraded from a deluxe King to the beautiful Knowledge Suite compliments of the hotel. They also provided a bottle of champagne and some decadent desserts. The room was gorgeous with a nice sitting area and 2 televisions. We had great service and good food from Coppin’s via in-room dining.

I would definitely stay here again! Also be sure to check out the new restaurant/bar across the street Agave and Rye, so yummy!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HOT_COV_GM, General Manager at Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear ProfessorVacation,
Congrats on your Anniversary!! We were so happy to see you again and thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My husband & I took our infant daughter out of town for the night. We really enjoyed our stay here. Loved the quaintness of Covington. Would definitely go back for another visit. Was also a great location to explore Newport as well.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HOT_COV_GM, General Manager at Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Molly B,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the town of Covington. We hope to welcome you again soon.