On arrival this property looks lovely However.... this house needs a deep clean and then regularly a good clean in between guests. The lounge area is bright & spacious but the couches are filthy under the cushions the floors are dirty nothing had been moved and cleaned the kids socks were filthy after walking around. The bunk bed room is very dirty under the bunk bed... lots & lots of dust & dirt and unfortunately this was the case in every bedroom... all the bathrooms were not clean lots of grouting issues the shower heads are rusty just generally uncared for ... the televisions in the bedrooms mostly dont work but to be honest The size of the are not worth having anyway ... the bedside lamps were dirty and if you like to read before going to sleep they were neither use nor ornament. Big issue with the water temperature when we rang to report it we were told we all couldn’t take a shower at the same time so getting up & ready for the day wasn’t great!!! Some off us just had to grin and bear a cold shower so the kids could have the warm ones !!!!!!
Overall this property could be fantastic as in great location and the pottery was fabulous the kids really enjoyed that .... such a shame about the overall cleanliness.... we only stayed for 3 nights so reporting the issues we had could never of been resolved within this time limit.
The owner Barbara was a bice lady the welsh cakes flowers milk & tea were a lovely touch on arrival but personally I would of forgone this welcome to have stayed in a clean house sorry but unless the issues above were rectified we most definitely won’t return
Incredible place, friendly welcome and the kids loved the on site Piggery Pottery. Spacious, all bedrooms had on-suit bathrooms, highly recpmended
Upon arriving things looked fantastic but once we settled in we noticed a few issues.
1. The setters in the lounge were so flat that the owner has stuffed thick mad boards underneath which makes the setters ridiculously uncomfortable.
2. The dirt under the setters was disgusting clearly never been moved.
3. The sky did not work and no instructions left.
4. There is a water stain in the living room next to the sky light i noticed this was reported in 2013 but has still not been resolved.
1. The bedding was so filthy we had to strip the beds on the first night.
2. The amount of dirt on the floors and under draws was disgusting.
3. The bathroom in the downstairs double was so badly moulded on the ceiling above the shower i dont know how the ceiling is still up.
1. The bathroom in the bedroom above the living room area are full of extreme mould.
2. The large bedroom the ensuite was filthy.
3. The two sofa beds were at breaking point and one actually collapsed.
4. The cot upstairs is unfit for any child out of the 11 women that went we are 10 are parents and would never put our children in it.
1. Cupboards are literally falling off their hinges
2. Fridges were filthy
3. Draws were falling off their runners.
4. Glassware chipped excessively
From pictures and past reviews you would think this house was rectified all looks well on the outside. Unfortunately we will not be returning and will be asking for our money back. We will also be reporting the disgusting and hazardous conditions of this house.
Unfortunately the property was filthy!
There were cobwebs and spiders attaching lamps to walls and ceilings in all rooms.
It clearly hadn't been swept or hoovered as he floor was covered in dark grey dog hair.
The upstairs bathroom adjoining the bedroom with sofa bed leaked into the lounge rendering it unusable.. this was reported on trip advisor in 2014 but was still doing this last week!
The bathrooms and showers especially had hair and mould in them and the bedding was awful. The duvets didn't fit the duvet covers so they were continually becoming tangled.
The property was advertised as having wifi which it did but this was shared with the adjoining pottery business meaning it was inaccessible.
There was no information at all in the property regarding the local area, property details or comments/guest book from previous visitors.
The house was also situated on an extrealmy busy and noisy road which is not stated in the details.
We are very disappointed and feel for the money we paid not even basic cleanliness expectations were met.
A group of 10 female friends had the barn for the weekend and we had a marvelous time. We were welcomed with welsh cakes an bara brith, tea coffee and fresh flowers! The barn is laid out well with plenty of places for wet coats, walking boots and a comfortable lounge for a large group.
We really enjoyed our stay, thank you very much.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
|People with pets|