“Beatiful,but quite full in high season”

Kosino Thermal Complex
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Koson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Recreational complex "Kosino" is located in village Koson' Transcarpathian region, Beregovo district. The main feature and the pride of the complex is the presence of pools filled with mineral thermal waters which are pumped from 1190 meters depth spring. The uniqe composition of minerals in this waters are used in medicinal properties.
Reviewed 9 October 2016

We visited in September when the weather was still rather warm. The place is in the middle of nowhere, 500m from Hungarian border. To get there you need a car or "meet and assist arrangements". Knowledge of Ukraniean or at least Russian language would be highly useful too :)))

If you expect vivid nightlife, you'd be highly disappointed. Its all about health issues and relax.
The best choice is to book on site Ivancso Birtok Hotel . It is comfortable, new, clean and reasonably priced. And you can use all spa facilities starting at 6 am and till midnight. Morning swim without crowds of day visitors was the best thing!!!

We booked duplex room for 4, with terrycloth robes, slippers and complimentary water and bottle of wine!

There is a restaurant on site serving Ukrainian and Hungarian food. Breakfast is included for hotel residents, its quite plentiful with boiled and fried eggs, different omelets, cold cuts, yellow and cottage cheeses, fresh vegs, cereals, etc etc.
Rest of the day it serves lunch and dinner dishes by weight at reasonable price (100 gram about 1 Euro). Try thick Hungarian soup called BOGRACH, its absolutely delicious.

There are several swimming pools, hot and cold water, including two walking (Kneipp) pools. Also, you should try complex of saunas, wet and dry. But be careful with ice sauna, I've caught a cold after 10 seconds of being there.

Also they offer several kinds of massage, and it was excellent!

Service was very, very friendly and efficient everywhere.

All in all, highly recommended for relaxing, downtime holiday.

4  Thank Marina S
"rest"
"bath"
"areas"

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by a friend. I was very sceptical but to my surprise the place was awesome. We could not get a room in the hotel as it was fully booked and ended up in the private sector.
There are several thermal pools and saunas. The place is neat and very clean. You can stay there all day long and will not get bored. Its very affordable and worth the visit.

2  Thank Alex G
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Visiting the region for the first time, I was at the mercy of my friends. "You will really like the thermal springs!" they kept chirping. Sometimes an over-enthusiastic approach is really hiding some deficiency, but I will admit that I was completely wrong. After barreling through countryside, we finally arrived at a very kempt, attractive parking lot that fronted a busy hotel complex. The lobby was clean, neat and we were welcomed and ushered through quickly. We chose to stay for three hours, were given armbands and towels, and shown to our lockers. Not a single stray piece of trash anywhere. Changing into our bathing suits, we made our way past the massage rooms (if you prefer a massage first, by all means), showered clean, and into the bright sunlight. Awesome! Multiple beautiful pools with varying degrees of thermal waters ranging from the very cold to the very hot, and various surfaces to walk on for massage for the feet. There were waterfalls, private bathing areas, many, many lounge and chaise chairs to relax on, good security and service, a restaurant and of course, beautiful hotel if you are staying over. I heard Polish, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Romanian and a little Russian, but considering the location, it made sense. Regardless, our time flew by quickly. Weirdly, I had no sunscreen but because of the higher latitude, in spite of the bright sunshine and blue skies, I did not even turn pink. Huh. I would like to return with my whole family just for this experience.

1  Thank DermDude1
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Nice place especially in winter. Here you can restore your muscles after skiing and enjoy some water with wine smell. There are only one minus at this place, this minus is location.