“Best Bistro”

Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The See-and-be-seen Scene at Bix Bistro and LoungeRelax in the contemporary setting of Bix Bistro, on the first floor of the hotel, offering great food prepared simply and freshly. Accompanied by a side of outstanding service and topped off with a varied beer, wine and spirits menu. Enjoy live music, appetizers and cocktails at Bix Lounge, a perfect retreat after a day of meetings or sightseeing.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

So conveniently located inside the Blackhawk Hotel. The food was delicious. The customer service was great! This was a really comfortable and convenient stay.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

While at a convention at the River Center we had the opportunity to stop into this little Bistro

It’s a great place for a romantic meal or business meeting. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu, and the prices were fair for the quantity and quality of food.

I would eat here again if I was in the area

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Excellent wine selection and talented chef. Staff very knowledgeable and pleasant. Nice menu items and options.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped by early on a Sunsay evening aftter Symphony. Not many restaurants open on Sunday evening in the Quad Cities so that was good. Not crowded at all. I had the caesar salad (average) and my spouse had the wedge salad (hers was better than average). I had the salmon with brussel sprouts and asparagus. Everything was overcooked and dried out. My spouse had the hanger steak and she said hers was very good. This restaurant ran a huge ad in the Symphony program about 10% off, but none of the staff knew anything about it. They did honor it after we showed them the ad and our tickets. The service was very good. They did offer two free desserts to make up for the salmon, but we don't eat those anymore, I just wanted tasty salmon. Maybe another day, but unlikely.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We had an overnight stay at the Blackhawk hotel and choose to eat in at the hotels restaurant. It was a great choice! I ordered a signature cocktail called the La Fleur that was light and flavorful. It went great with the meal, we split an order of calamari which comes with flash fried spinach (incredible stuff!), we followed that with the potato leek soup. Hubby ordered the tenderloin and I ordered the truffle fettuccini, both were amazing. For desert we split an order of the chocolate Pot De Creme, heaven!

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Bix Bistro? Share your experiences!