“Hidden Gem”

Pearl Street Pizza
Ranked #111 of 2,491 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Sports Bar without the bar food. Fantastic pizza. Always had good service. Tucked away on Pearl St, this was a great find!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Oh.my.GOSH. This may be the first I don't want to write a 5 star review, because I'm afraid of everyone finding this hidden gem ;)

From the drink selection (think every local brewery on tap) and a full bar, amazingggg pizza, TVs everywhere, parking just across the street, and video games... what more could you want?

We had the bruschetta (I'm going to dream of that for weeks) & the small deep dish pizza with pepperoni and bacon. It was plenty of food for 2 hungry adults and the quality/taste was out of this world.
OH and if you're a ranch nut like me, ORDER it. ;)

I can't wait to come back!!

1  Thank Kristin M
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

It was fine. Far from delicious but not awful - exactly average. The vegetable toppings are chunky and fresh but cooking them under the cheese instead of over made the pie slightly watery. The base was sauced with a heavy hand, as well. It’s difficult to perfect a pizza but I was surprised this restaurant has a TA
4.5 rating and disappointed it did not live up to the expectation.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We headed toward Pearl Street Pizza yesterday, forgetting that Disney On Ice would cause parking prices to soar. But, regardless of the required $15 parking nearby (all the free spots near the restaurant were taken, we had an awesome experience.

We started off by ordering drinks. My friend raved about the beer selection and, then, selected one he seldom finds in local bars. I tried to skinny margarita, which was a short margarita with very little margarita mix. Potent but good. I needed only one, that's for sure. Then, we ordered an appetizer. Pearl Street offered several great one, and we thumb wrestled to settle on pretzels with bar cheese. I was skeptical that we'd end up with something like TGI Fridays that clearly comes from a food supplier and is simply heated up. I'm pretty sure the pretzels were exactly that -- they were too uniform to be homemade, but I could be wrong. The cheese sauce, however, was awesome. We kept the rest of the cheese sauce to use on pizza crusts, and I definitely saw the pretzels -- which were good just nothing special -- as cheese sauce delivery devices.

Next came the pizza. Something I really appreciated was the ability to order 1/2 specialty pizzas to combine into one. We ordered a 1/2 supreme and 1/2 stuffed portebella mushroom pizza (pictured) . Oh my goodness. The pizza was absolutely incredible.

Pearl Street is a bit hidden, so you'll need to use your GPS, but so worth searching for and paying for parking if you are stuck like we were.

Although much like a bar, Pearl Street is family-friendly. We saw so many families with "princesses" that had obviously come over from Disney on Ice. My only complaint is that our table was really wobbly and not cleaned off very well. I kept putting my arm into something sticky. Considering that we were one of only three tables when we got there around 4:30 p.m., I don't think that should have been a problem. When we left around 6 p.m., the place was truly busy.

Cannot wait to go there again.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Downtown Indianapolis is filled with what I call "Yahoo bars," places with lousy beer, filled with people in their twenties who make up for their low IQ and lack of education, by being as loud and obnoxious as possible. They have nothing to say, so their vapid thoughts are hidden by their howling.

Pearl Street is a respite from the Yahoo bars. With a very cool alley entrance, Pearl Street looks like every other bar, but the bartenders are warm and friendly, the beer and drinks are great, and the pizza is really, really good. If you want a cool downtown Indianapolis bar, without a ton of kids talking about regurgitation with pride, I recommend Pearl Street very highly.