All reviewsquiet locationnorth sidecheck in was smoothcigarette smokehot breakfaststayed one nightfront desk staffhighwaymaintenancepet
Reviewed 17 December 2017

We were surprised by the much higher price quoted, than what we'd seen advertised, but apparently they were down to the last few rooms, so they were hiking the prices. We were tired, and it looked like a nice place so we decided to spend the extra and stay. The gentleman at the front desk said they had remodeled the place fairly recently and he was glad to be finished. Except, they hadn't actually finished - at least they hadn't finished painting our bathroom. But otherwise the room seemed nice, until we were woken up often throughout the night, hearing conversations from other rooms, and hearing doors slamming in the hallways. The noise level was really bad. I would expect that in a cheap hotel. This one was not cheap, especially with the surcharge they'd hit us with. In the morning, we went down for breakfast, arriving before it was set up. Once it was ready, we found a tiny selection of over-the-hill fruit, scrambled eggs that didn't even qualify as lukewarm, biscuits that hadn't been near an oven in days, gravy with precious little evidence of sausage in it, no hot sauce or ketchup, and an assortment of bread products that didn't look any fresher than the sad little biscuits we tasted. It was neither a restful stay nor a good start to another long day of driving.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean, the room was a decent size. The breakfast did not have a huge selection, and the hot food was not very appetizing. The eggs and biscuits were cold and the biscuits left a strange film in my mouth, I did not try the sausage and gravy. The pool was clean but I did not swim so I am not sure anything else about that. The location of the hotel was not as near to everything as I had expected. It took us 20 minutes to get from the hotel to any of the places we wanted to go. Many other hotels would have been more convenient for us. For the price I'd have liked a bit more conveniency or a better breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We got in late and found a room which we were grateful for. The lady who checked us in don't know how to operate the computer and was very flustered. I didn't think much of it because it was late and I was also tired from driving 600 miles. I did notice breakfast was until 930 the next day so I went to our room and set the alarm for 9. We came down the next morning around 915 to find the same lady closing up the breakfast bar. I asked why and she said it closes soon. I said the sign says 930 so surely we have 10 more minutes. She starts slamming the food around, muttering under her breath, stomping around and made my family and I very uncomfortable. She only put back cold food and turned on the waffles. We ate in silence while she went off on co workers and finally went back upstairs. If she hadn't been the one to check us in at 3 am them I'd give her the benefit of doubt but it was such poor customer service that I can't ignore it. We stayed in another hotel with water leaking on the floor and a really bad smell and I gave it better reviews than this. Her name was Samantha and I hope she finds a different calling in life.
The beds and everything else were great.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Overall a comfortable hotel, friendly staff and typical hot breakfast found in most Choice Hotels. We were disappointed that they had no computer station available. Although they advertise free Wi Fi, some of us don't carry around a laptop or I-pad, and we don't do smart phones. Granted, we may be in the minority; however, this is the first place we've ever stayed that didn't at least have a terminal in the common area so you could check e-mail, etc. The hotel is an older one and recently changed names (assuming an upgrade) from Comfort Inn to Quality Inn & Suites, but it still needs some work. The hall/elevator had odors and it was evident they were trying to improve it. Unfortunately I would rate it only a B+ and probably won't stay there again, mainly because of the lack of computer availability.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Picked this hotel out of a hat after a bad experience last time through Evansville. It's along the I-64 Corridor, and very easy to find if you look for the McDonald's out front.
It's a different beast than the hotels on the north side of 64, though. For the most part, they tend to stay fairly busy. When we pulled into the Quality, there were maybe 5 cars in the parking lot. Abnormal for a highway stop in early July, but nothing too off-putting.
As soon as you hit the lobby, though, there's a weird smell. It's not cigarette smoke, as the whole hotel is smoke-free, but something of a stale smoke/musty smell that they've tried to hide with metered air. Again, older building and more hidden, no big deal. Just wasn't expecting it.
The staff are all very kind and will go out of their way to help you have a great stay. Check-In was smooth, and calling for extra sheets for a cot was no problem.
The pool area, as mentioned in previous reviews, does need some work. It's dirty, sort of neglected looking, and not somewhere I'd let my kids swim.

If I had to identify two weak spots, they would be the musty smell present in every part of the building and the breakfast. I don't generally expect much from a hotel breakfast, but this one was below the bar. The coffee was on the colder side of average, and was worse than most hotel brews. The selection on the breakfast was also poor, and the "hot" items were certainly not presentably hot or especially good tasting. We ended up at the McDonald's in front for breakfast on the way out.

For what you pay, it's hard to beat. It's a safe place to crash along 64. Just don't go in expecting a 4 or 5 star experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family