All reviews parking lot quiet location north side cigarette smoke hot breakfast stayed one night front desk staff highway maintenance pet
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Overall a comfortable hotel, friendly staff and typical hot breakfast found in most Choice Hotels. We were disappointed that they had no computer station available. Although they advertise free Wi Fi, some of us don't carry around a laptop or I-pad, and we don't do smart phones. Granted, we may be in the minority; however, this is the first place we've ever stayed that didn't at least have a terminal in the common area so you could check e-mail, etc. The hotel is an older one and recently changed names (assuming an upgrade) from Comfort Inn to Quality Inn & Suites, but it still needs some work. The hall/elevator had odors and it was evident they were trying to improve it. Unfortunately I would rate it only a B+ and probably won't stay there again, mainly because of the lack of computer availability.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Picked this hotel out of a hat after a bad experience last time through Evansville. It's along the I-64 Corridor, and very easy to find if you look for the McDonald's out front.
It's a different beast than the hotels on the north side of 64, though. For the most part, they tend to stay fairly busy. When we pulled into the Quality, there were maybe 5 cars in the parking lot. Abnormal for a highway stop in early July, but nothing too off-putting.
As soon as you hit the lobby, though, there's a weird smell. It's not cigarette smoke, as the whole hotel is smoke-free, but something of a stale smoke/musty smell that they've tried to hide with metered air. Again, older building and more hidden, no big deal. Just wasn't expecting it.
The staff are all very kind and will go out of their way to help you have a great stay. Check-In was smooth, and calling for extra sheets for a cot was no problem.
The pool area, as mentioned in previous reviews, does need some work. It's dirty, sort of neglected looking, and not somewhere I'd let my kids swim.

If I had to identify two weak spots, they would be the musty smell present in every part of the building and the breakfast. I don't generally expect much from a hotel breakfast, but this one was below the bar. The coffee was on the colder side of average, and was worse than most hotel brews. The selection on the breakfast was also poor, and the "hot" items were certainly not presentably hot or especially good tasting. We ended up at the McDonald's in front for breakfast on the way out.

For what you pay, it's hard to beat. It's a safe place to crash along 64. Just don't go in expecting a 4 or 5 star experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

My family stayed for two nights. Easy check in. The staff was very nice and talkative. I believe hotel was an older one, but fairly nice for its age. Our room was next to the elevator which concerned me some with our 3 month old daughter being with us. However, that elevator was the quietest one I've ever been around. We all slept good. The swimming pool and surrounding area could use some attention though. Pool had what looked like dirt in it, concrete wall area dirty, and spare couches was being stored not far away as well. For being a heated pool it was cold. The complementary breakfast had several simple options but was very good. Good price. Would definitely stay at again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this place!! ❤️Very clean, and beautiful inside and out. The owners are such wonderful people and will do anything to help. Can't help but to constantly smile being around them.. my son is very hyper and loud, hard to handle at times. They were so loving and kind to him gave him coloring pages and crayons even let him sit behind the desk to pretend he is working. I don't think my son has ever been so quiet and calm, he loved it and loved the owners! I loved everything about this place, the breakfast, the pool, the rooms. The beds are so comfortable I slept better there than I do in my own bed... highly recommend this place!! You won't regret it! The prices are great the rooms are worth it but the friendship and the kindness you receive make it worth it even more!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brittany T
Reviewed 7 February 2017

This stay was a major disappointment. The picture of the outside does not match the inside. Very worn and not very clean.

The breakfast was essentially none existent - cold gravy for the biscuits, no syrup for the waffles, terrible coffee, little fruit, etc. But worst of all the filthy condition of the environment.

My first and last stay at this place. Hopefully this review will help you avoid the experience we had.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Jennifer B, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay. We are currently under renovation for the whole hotel, due to be complete April 2017. We would appreciate you giving us a second chance to provide you a comfortable stay should you ever be through this way again. Thank you again for letting us know. We have addressed all issues with management and staff so we can avoid issues in the future.
Jennifer, AGM