“Italian? Lasagna?”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018

weekday evening meal. Ordered lasagna. It was oily, salty, and had too much sugar. Also tasted like it had been on the warmer for a week.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

My parents and I dined out in the courtyard in a recent warm summer evening. While the noise of an air conditioner or some other large machine near the kitchen was distracting, the fountain and greenery were delightful! Usually there is nice dinner music playing, but not on this occasion, even when we asked our waitress to check on it. That would really have enhanced the atmosphere. Our food was good though very heavy on the butter and sauces. We tried the marsala steak, champagne chicken, Italian sausage with peppers. All three servings were very good and enough for two meals. The bread is outstanding - light but chewy. Service was slow but we will definitely come back.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We have been to Smitty's Italian Steakhouse on several occasions.
We went today and my husband and I had ribeye steaks cooked to medium perfection.
Our grandaughter had the New York Strip that was equally as good.
Our waitress Stephanie was above beyond the best we have ever had anywhere at anytime.
Glasses full, attention to detail GREAT. But not overbearing and bothersome like some can be.
We had the potato skins and calamari as appetizers.
Sweet tea was wonderful. And their table bread !!! Crunchy on the outside tender on the inside and great, great taste.
We highly recommend going if you have not ever been.
Give it a try and ask for Stephanie she is a great waitress.
She not only takes care of her tables she was stocking and doing other tasks which I noticed the rest of employees seemed to be either sitting or watching female wrestling on t.v.
The owners should be proud to have Stephanie as an employee.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

A co-worker recommended this place because he knows I'm a steak-guy. I was not disappointed! Excellent steak!

As for the Italian dishes, I was a bit disappointed. The sauce was almost canned-like and very tomato-y.

The deco is nice, but a bit warmish in the dining room. Service was fair.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Was in Evansville for a Baseball tournament. We were recommended this establishment, from the owner of Carson's Brewery. Marinara & Ravioli was amazing, the sauce was so fresh! I had the Chicken Parm, with Alfredo. It was very crispy, & tender. Highly recommend!