“UNBELIEVABLE!”

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #145 of 218 Restaurants in Elkhart
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 80 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Let’s start off by saying there were only one other table seated when we arrived. My mother an I stopped in for a quick breakfast, before doing some shopping on a Saturday morning. We went in was seated in a fair amount of time. The first thing I noticed was the cook was on his cell phone, passed it off as maybe important call! Then the waitress came to the table in a slightly unfriendly matter gives us the menu. She then returns to take order, we order coffee an a breakfast. After 30 minutes or so my mother got up an ask what was taking so long to get our breakfast. Meanwhile the hole time we’re waiting they are serving the drive thru orders totally ignoring us. Finally, they decided to make our breakfast, in I would say about 3 minutes. The waitress brings it an plops it on the table, an takes off! As you can see from the photos below, it was nasty to say the least! I got out of my seat an told the guy at the grill, that I wasn’t going to eat that mess, an I wasn’t going to pay for it either. He said so what do you want me to do? I said nothing we’re leaving, cuz what you tried to serve us looked gross. He said well you didn’t need to tell us that! Oh excuse me did I hurt your feelings! So I would say if you go to this steak & shake enter at your own risk!!
I will never be returning to any steak n shakes anywhere! I will be making a complaint to the corporate office, telling them the best thing they could do for the corporation,is shut this Elkhart steak n steak down! For good before they get a law suit on them!
BRENDA HAINES

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Went in for a sandwich or similar but there was nothing for non-beefeaters. So that left us with no choice. Was worse because there was toll to enter and leave Elkhart.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Remarkably low prices and burgers tastier than McD. A bit of nostalgia with the big shakes, burgers and fries. Friendly service

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had the 2 burger deal for $3.00. I had the All American Burger and the one with swiss cheese and mushrooms and fries I also had a birthday cake shake. Everything was delicious !!! Take a cardigan though because you may be sitting under the air conditioning like we did and it seemed to be everywhere and it is freezing.

1  Thank wendy46514
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Love Steak and Shake but not impressed with this one, and clearly since there’s other similar reviews, management neither reads these reviews nor cares. Sticky floor, dirty bathrooms, tables sitting for a long time not being cleared, and slow moving servers. Here’s my views on both sides during my whole meal.