“Lunch while on a day trip”

Pete's Simonton Lake Tavern
Ranked #33 of 218 Restaurants in Elkhart
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Description: Beer, Wine and Liquor, Live Music, Karaoke, Lunch, Dinner, Daily Specials. Located (0.8) mile North of Indiana Toll Road I-80/90, Exit #92 Pete's Simonton Lake Tavern is one of the Oldest family-owned Restaurants in Elkhart, Indiana!
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for lunch while on a day trip to Elkhart. We have read the reviews and must say that Pete's lives up to them in all aspects. The place was quite busy but the staff was very nice and quick to get our orders. The food was delicious. We will be back the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch while attending a RV Rally. Lady at RV Museum recommended them. What a true surprise. You can see Lake Simonton from the outdoor patio. Go inside and it is a no frills local “tavern” that has not changed over the years. The prices also have not changed. 4 of us ordered Mushroom Swiss deluxe cheeseburgers. The price for these creations was $3.95 and that was with chips. We ordered a basket of homemade onion rings for $5.95 and they were terrific. Wish we lived closer but will definitely stop if we go through here again!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Great place to spend time with family, friends and neighbors. Burger night was our favorite. (Tuesday) My wife and I have not been there since late summer, but look forward to spending time on the "deck" during the summer months.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

We went to Elkhart to have dinner at the Chubby Trout but had a few hours to kill. This bar was great. The staff was very accomdating. We spoke with a few different customers who were very friendly and outgoing. We also had an opportunity to speak with Casey the new owner.
We only had the crackers and cheese which is a cheese spread and a large basket of crackers. I am not a horseradish fan but this cheese, which had a little horseradish added to it, was very good. It reminded me of Schuler's Scheese you can get at the grocery store.

Nice place to hang out, food that we saw looked pretty good coming out of the kitchen. We would go back for sure !!

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

New owner!!! Casey bought this place and is the owner. I love the people that work here. I never used to come here but now that I know the owner I’ll be here all the time. I arrived before they bought it and the food was really good. Sorta upset I didn’t try this place out before. The bartender is funny and super down to earth. Drinks are awesome as well! I’ll be back.

Been to Pete's Simonton Lake Tavern? Share your experiences!