“Small Portions Unimpressive Service”
Review of 523 Tap and Grill

523 Tap and Grill
Ranked #12 of 218 Restaurants in Elkhart
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bistro fare with a Mediterranean flair. Perfect for a quiet lunch, evening out, group dinner or a nice nightcap. Delicious martinis, craft and mainstream beers on tap and an extensive wine list help to enhance your dining experience. Allow us to be your Perfect 10 for dinner, drinks and dessert!
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Normally when we go out to eat, we each order something different in anticipation of sharing with each other. My lobster dinner consisted of 4 bites of lobster, and about a 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes. The wedge salad was barely enough for one person let alone to share.

My date had a steak which he said was not cooked well

Was looking forward to a mushroom fondue that was listed on an online menu - they no longer offer this.

The wait staff was unimpressive, and the bus boy was sullen.

Used to be better

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

My beautiful wife and I got away for the day ended up in Elkhart from Sonora KY-not a small feat! She picked the spot to eat and it was fantastic! I ordered a burger and she had the Colonel,a 24oz dry aged ribeye! Both were great! The French onion soup, grilled brie, and creme brulee were all outstanding! If we're ever headed out of Dodge - 523 in Elkhart would be worth another visit!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This place is amazing on the food end, not so much on the service. Expect to wait for a LONG time, but the food is fantastic.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located downtown Elkhart, In. Open Monday-Saturday that offers lunch and dinner dining and weather permitting, a small patio to enjoy a nice evening to eat.
The prices are $$$ but the food is good. My favorite is the Ahi Tuna which is on the appetizer list, but can be eaten as a meal if you have a small appetite. The cremė brulette is awesome and so the is the coffee to enjoy with any dessert.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I was again performing in the Elkhart Jazz Festival and needed a good meal during my overnight stay in this charming Indiana town. Along with musicologist Charles Troy and his wife, Lauren, vocalist/pianist David Edelfelt, we dined, and I do mean DINED at 523 Tap and Grill. The Ahi Tuna appetizer with hot orange chili, seaweed salad dressed with lime, soy sauce and wasabi drew compliments. Lobster tail with butter and lemon was a hit, as was my salmon with olive oil, lemon and an asparagus side. A mushroom soup with three varieties and the Caesar salad were deemed delicious. Bison steaks were ordered in lieu of the usual beef. The mixed drinks and wine selections were big city sophisticated. The prices were definitely not small town, but the food quality and efficient service were worth the price. I will definitely come back the next time I am in the delightful environs of Elkhart, Indiana.