“The perfect getaway!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Your HERE!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Your HERE!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Redrunner...
Plain, Wisconsin
“The perfect getaway!!!”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Every year my husband, son, and I celebrate my brother's birthday with him over a weekend of camping. We usually went to Minnesota but decided to stay at Wonder Lake this year. Unfortunately my husband could only get away from work for a few days but we spent Fri, Sat, and Sunday at the cabin. Ray is an exceptional host! We had many questions prior to our arrival and he always responded immediately (less than five minutes)! That was fantastic! It shows he really cares about his guests experience at the cabin. All 3 of us adults had a blast, even though the weather did not cooperate. We never got to put our boat in the water but we still had fun. Our 11 yr old had the time of his life! He did not want to leave. We have two large dogs and the large fenced in yard with many trees and neat landscaping was a huge hit with them. They loved the yard even more than our yard at home! The fact that there was a patio, fire pit, and grill were all bonuses. AND the three season front porch was great to hang out on when the rain just wouldn't quit. The cabin was very clean and Ray thought of everything! Our stay could not have been more perfect. We definitely will return next summer but for a week instead of only a few days. We highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a "home away from home". It felt so much like home that all four of us called it that at various times over the weekend. The beds were comfortable, as were the couches. It was great that there was a dvd player (as it rained most of the time...lol), air conditioning, and wifi. The lake is beautiful and only a very short walk away. Our son fished from the dock and their were walleye and muskie jumping everywhere. We noticed in a previous review there was mention of possible mold in the basement but our experience was that was not the case. I am highly sensitive to mold/mildew and hubby and I took the basement room and were fine. It was dry, did not smell musty, and there was a dehumidifier running. We have no complaints. In fact, I have an issue with most hotel (yes, even expensive ones) bathrooms. I cannot stand to use a toilet, sink, or shower that has any kinds of stains, grime/build up, cracks, etc. The bathroom at this cabin was pristine! Huge plus in my book, especially as I have such a hang up about bathrooms that are not 100%.This was our best experience renting from an owner. Book this place, you won't regret it. It is where family traditions/memories are made.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner provided an exceptional experience
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
rkjb1985
Elgin
“Adorable cabin get away!”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We booked the cabin for a girl friend's get away and absolutely loved it! The cabin was very clean, perfect size and perfect for what we wanted. It is not updated but decorated in a very rustic style. Which we loved. Ray is very easy to work with and the whole reservation process went smoothly. He was especially accommodating when we had to reschedule!
The cabin is close to the lake and swimming which was a huge plus to us! It was so nice sitting on the beach watching the sunset. It's close to antiquing, shopping and other activities. We will definitely be back!

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
19 Aug 2015
Thank you Kim! You and your guests were a pleasure to host! I look forward to your next visit.
Jess-and...
“Best cottage in Wonder Lake!”
Reviewed 28 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

This is now my third stay at the cottage. I call it my sanctuary, refuge from the city. The cabin is cozy, yet surprisingly larger than what it seems. The large, fenced in yard is perfect for my dog, who may love coming up here more than I do! The fire pit and grill make it even better. Granted, it isn't the Ritz, but that's not what I want from a cottage, especially at the rental price.

The beds are super comfortable, has all the amenities one should expect of a cottage. I'd actually say more, as the cabin provides linens, towels, dishes, and cooking supplies.

I absolutely love it here, and as long as you don't expect the Ritz, I promise you will too!

Great for a family, a couple, or a single person, looking for pure relaxation!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
ceegee76
“Amazing deal”
Reviewed 15 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Honestly, probably the best deal if you're looking for a lake cabin within close proximity to Chicago. Clean, quaint log cabin has a lot of history. Only 1/2 a block from the lake. And Ray is an exceptionally gracious host. Highly recommended. My family will definitely be staying there again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Erin R
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Simple with all the Basics - Great location!”
Reviewed 8 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

This cabin has all the basics for a quiet getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. I loved that it is pet-friendly and has a big yard with a grill and fire pit. The kitchen has most basic tools but if you need anything special - like a colander - bring it with you. The house could use some updates and a good deep cleaning of the carpet (it is pet friendly, after all) and there are some mold issues in the basement, so if you are sensitive to mold/mildew, it could be an issue. Overall, I would recommend if you are not fussy about luxury accommodations. The location is hard to beat - 1/2 block from the lake and close to Woodstock, Richmond, and Glacial Park Conservation area for antiquing, shopping, hiking, etc. Lake Geneva, WI is also only 20 min. away.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: ants in kitchen/mold in basement
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
26 Sep 2014
Thank you for your stay at the Cabin on Top of Cedar! I am sorry that you did not find the Cabin stocked appropriately and felt that there is a mold issue in the basement. There is not mold in the basement, rather it is musty from lack of use. I do rent the cabin as a basic rustic cabin, not a play on words, but rather reality of the cabin. This is a no frills, rustic stay less than an hour from Chicago or Milwaukee.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing