“Gluten Free Asian!”

Ranked #49 of 79 Restaurants in Wilmette
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are Japanese, Chinese, and Thai all in one place with carry out, dining in as well as deliveries. We have gluten free, and brown rice available as well. We are family friendly place and casual dining area.
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We frequent this restaurant. There is a great variety of Asian dishes from many regions. We often have Japanese, Thai and Chinese in one meal.

Gluten Free options include select sushi (King Crab California, Philly, Boston, Tuna to name a few). Gluten Free Soy is available- and no gluten added to make the rice sticky. If the staff isn't sure about gluten, they don't find the answer.

My husband loves the Tom Yum soup and I love the miso. Everything that we've eaten here is delicious.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

After moving to this area a little more than a year ago, I thought that I'd tried just about every local restaurant when it occurred to me a couple of weeks ago that I'd never had a sit-down meal at a restaurant that's just a couple of blocks from where I live, so when we had a craving for some Chinese food, I suggested we try this place (Full disclosure - I do remember having some take out from TB Asian at one point, but we'd never had a meal there).
We arrived around 6:30pm during the week and found the place only about 1/4 full, but there seemed to be many people stopping by to pick up orders, and the place was kinda cute, so after being told we could sit anywhere, we grabbed a table for 3 and took a look at the menu. Surprisingly, the menu offers many different kinds of food from Asia - a bit of Chinese, a bit of Korean, a bit of Thai and a fair amount of Japanese - which was great as I had no idea exactly what I wanted before sitting down.
After ordering a large Kirin beer to share with my wife, I searched thru the menu and landed on a Maki combo plate ("B") that included three different sushi rolls while my MIL chose the veggie egg foo young. My wife wasn't hungry, so she kept it light with a cup of hot/sour soup and an order of seaweed salad.
While our selections weren't really all that experimental (sometimes, you just go for what makes you comfortable, right?), what we received was really well-done. Hot/sour soup can sometimes be just hot or just sour, but this was very nicely-balanced. The sushi rolls were fresh and tasty, and the egg foo young was well-prepared and full of flavor.
The service was very friendly, but they seemed to be working with a very small crew that night, so things we a bit slow at the end of the meal. Prices seemed quite fair for both the quality and the quantity and so, other than the minor service glitch, we had a good first experience and we'll most-certainly be going back soon.

1  Thank MikeGPortland
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Although you can dine in, there's rarely anyone here I believe because everyone is getting carry-out. Always a line for bringing things home, maybe 2 tables of actual diners. I always get the sushi and am never disappointed. Other family members like the BBQ pork appetizer. Recommend!

jay c, Owner at TB Asian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you very much. We will always try to provide the best. Once again thank you

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Hubby and I had dinner here, it was around 7pm and it was not so crowded. Hubby had the Moo Shu Chicken and I had the General Tso's Chicken. The Moo Shu consisted of cucumbers, cabbage, bean sprouts, onions, scrambled eggs and chicken - all in small pieces and wrapped in a thin pancake. Very tasty and not salty. It came with a tangy sauce dip. The General Tso's Chicken on the other hand was pretty salty, and chicken bites were slightly chewy, and a small of rice bowl on the side. We may come back and taste other foods. The restaurant serves Japanese noodles and sushis, Thai and Chinese foods.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We came here for a second time. The sushi was fresh, a lot of rolls to choose from, the presentation clean. The sushi rolls were well packed. We specifically come here for the gluten free options. We did not eat any hot food from the dinner menu last night but have in the past. Flavorful and gluten free! This is a great option!

Been to TB Asian Cuisine? Share your experiences!