“Tasty and Fresh”
Review of Mei Lin House

Mei Lin House
Ranked #36 of 79 Restaurants in Wilmette
Reviewed 19 May 2016

The menu is fairly standard, but the food is fresh and tasty. Never overly salty. My favorites are the Shrimp with Garlic flavor sauce and the Fried Shrimp Balls. There is no eat-in option really, so it's a solid take out place. Good Lunch specials.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

It was a day of mourning in my household when PIneyard Restaurant in Evanston burned down. Would we ever taste that Hot and Sour Soup again? Prayers were answered, and Mei Lin opened with an identical menu. The soup still cannot be beat. (And lunch specials come with a huge tub of it).Their famous chicken with peanuts lives. Life is good.

2  Thank vialago
Reviewed 15 October 2015

My first review was about their mongolian beef. It was great. This time, expanded a bit. Their prices may seem a bit high but they give you larger portions. 8 crab rangoon for instance - large, crispy, delicate and not overly filled. Sizzling rice soup - ok the rice won't sizzle but the rice cake that comes with adds a lot. Even fried rice: chock full of really fresh veggies. Actually the soup's veggies were fresh too and the soup itself was not overly salty as some can be. And I had to do the beef again - that slight charred smoky flavor is something to savor. Will be back and report again!

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Excellent food. The best within 5 miles for Chinese food. This area does not have good Chinese restaurants. This is take out but the best. Szuwan and Mongolian. They do a good job and use good meats.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Yes this is only about mongolian beef. Hopefully I will tell about other dishes in the future. But in my area apparently getting this dish right doesn't happen everywhere. So I want to let everyone know -- Mei Lin House gets this dish spot on. The key to me is the right balance of green and sweet onion, beef that isn't gloppy, and rice noodles that are still crispy. Sound hard to do? I really don't know, but this is my belweather dish so if this makes the mark I will guess everything else follows suit. PS - no MSG poisoning either....PS you will pay a bit of a premium but that to me is the difference between carry-out and throw-out.

1  Thank Travelmess

Been to Mei Lin House? Share your experiences!