Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
$261
All reviews steam shower pool suite surround sound great room mini fridge fireplace tub robes chicago
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2020

My wife and I booked a Groupon overnight, and it was our first time at the CL. Check in was easy and it was easy to find our room (#114). The room had a HUGE whirlpool tub and a shower (one wall fixture and an overhead fixture for "steam". We never did figure out the steam part - the wall controls for it didn't seem to do anything (hence no sauna effect), but the shower was nice. We had the water temperature maxed out and could still stand under it with no discomfort, so a suggestion would be make it hotter! The decent sized bathroom had a toilet and bidet, but not a single towel rack. Odd. The bed was a king bed with 4 pillows. Most of the lighting controls for the room were on the headboard - but none were labeled, so we had to flip them on and off to figure out what they controlled.
There was an electric fireplace next to the hot tub that I had to ask for help to get it turned on. Once I was told where the "on" switch was it was easy to control and added a little ambience, though a "luxury" place would had had a gas fireplace. The room had a small fridge and desk as well, and a small coffee maker and microwave. There was no coffee creamer, and only styrofoam cups (ceramic mugs would have been standard "luxury" items).
The king bed could have used a blanket, though the heating unit in the place did a good job of regulating room temperature. The bed was hard for us, but we have memory foam at home. And the sheets/thin duvet seemed to be tucked in too short to cover us up all the way.
One more thing to note was the dead bolt wouldn't lock - it was out of alignment. There was a manual safety latch on the door so nobody was getting in, but again, it's that "luxury" thing. There were too many little things that could have been better.
We'd stay here again because it was "nice", but we wouldn't pay full price, and if we want "luxury" we'll go to that other place.

1  Thank umpjohnj
Management response:Responded 22 August 2021

Your Groupon reservation was for a Premium suite that does not include a Steam feature in the shower. You received a map for the property and specific instruction how to operate each appliance in the room. We are sorry to read that you did not bother reading.

Reviewed 13 January 2020

I have reservation for a swimming pool suite in February and lord I pray no bugs I'm coming 5hrs away from home and all though I go off majority with reviews, there still is an unsatisfying amount of bug reviews... I pray this is not the case this place looks really nice

1  Thank Ceereview
Reviewed 10 January 2020

I use to love this place but now its just horrible. Bugs everywhere, and crappy service. They are very petty about early check ins and late checkouts!! The owner is very unprofessional and does not know how to speak to guests! Dont waste your time here!

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank 681libbym
Reviewed 6 January 2020

I wanted to give an informative review based on some of the ones provided here that may be biased for some reason. First, this was booked January 2020 in the pool suite room 134. There were NO BED BUGS in this room. However, I did have my boyfriend kill a kissing beetle that was walking across his nightstand. That was the only bug I saw in that unit. Here are the good and needs improvement aspects of this location. (Keep in mind that I have also stayed at the other "Well-known Pool Suites Romantic Stay" business as well. This is my first time at CL.
The Good:
It was clean, they had two refrigerators: one was empty for our use and one was stocked with mini bottles, full bottles of wine, sparkling wine, etc. for purchase. We brought our own so not an issue. They also sell sparkling wine/Champagne in the lobby when you check in if you are not a planner. There was a single use coffee maker with 2 reg and 2 decaf pods. They were well stocked with wash cloths (at least 10!), with maybe six not so big bath towels and some hand towels. (Bring some beach towels.) In my opinion, the bed was comfortable. They had two large flat screen TVs (one by the bed, and one by the pool). Check-in and out was a smooth process.
The needs improvement: They have more rules than the "Other Pool Suite Place". No candles (we brought battery operated ones), no rose petals, etc. That isn't a big deal but for those used to the other romantic getaway, that's a difference. Also, the CL's shower is a glass room next to the pool. It can't be seen from the bed, but can if the other person is swimming. The shower is not also a steamroom like the other romantic getaway, and that was a bummer. It had three side jets and one overhead jet. There is not another shower in the bathroom-Just a toilet and a sink. Also, there is no separate hot tub/jacuzzi from the "pool". The pool is not really a "pool". It is more like a 2 1/2 times larger Jacuzzi than their Jacuzzi room with not as hot of water. The "pool" has a seat in it with jacuzzi jets and one other area for jets. The water is warm but not hot. It is more like a pool/jacuzzi hybrid but doesn't function as either very well. The pool is MUCH smaller than any pool suite at the other getaway business. You can use a pool noodle or a very small pool ring, but anything bigger simply would not be at all useful. It is a jacuzzi that can hold maybe 10-14 people. Personally, it is not worth the extra expense. Just get a jacuzzi room. We brought DVDs to play. However, the DVD player did not work. They had the power cord to it, but none of the connections from the TV were plugged into it and actually couldn't even reach the DVD player box. So, that was a total bust as well. We called the front desk, and some younger female offered to come in and take a look, but we were not keen on that idea at that point in time. They did have cable. Also, they had a music system that fed into the "pool" area as well as bedroom, but there was no connection cord to use music from a phone or iPod. They have that at the other getaway business.
My take away...it was a nice break as any hotel with your partner might be. However, I would not spend the money again for CL and would take my money to the "other romantic stay business" as you get much more bang for your buck (so to speak). Rest assured that room 134 does not have bed bugs which is something important to note. Someone's comments should not ruin a business...at least that unit is all good in terms of that. I hope you find this review helpful.

Room tip: The Jacuzzi room and not the pool suite. Save your money.
Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our getaway here. The room was clean and very nice. We loved the hot tub, fireplace and shower. The bed was comfortable. The set up of the room was very unique in a way that we really liked. We could watch a movie from the hot tub or bed. The only problem we had was that we brought our own movies to watch but could not figure out how to get them to play on the tv. I’m sure we could have called but they had a roku stick too so we just went to Netflix and amazon prime. We Loved having the microwave and fridge there. We brought leftovers from lunch and didn’t have to leave for supper. We just heated those up. The his and her bathroom was enlightening. You can here a lot of outside noises but it wasn’t bad. Just normal. We would definitely come back here again.