Open today: 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A must visit

This is a must visit. Absolutely loved the day. The ferry ride over offered stunning views. The... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Howza0911
Birmingham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Beautiful home in a stunning location

You need to book parking if you don’t you won’t be able to visit, you only get 3 hours. Its a... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
186400Caroline
Warwick, United Kingdom
via mobile

2,027 results
All reviews boat house agatha christie holiday home national trust parking space pre book walled garden the river car park steam train lovely house grounds are lovely steep walk lovely visit walked down nt members beautiful location
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Thoroughly enjoyed exploring the former home of Agatha Christie. Shame that it’s only the ground floor that can be viewed at present due to COVID restrictions. Guides as always were informative and knowledgeable. We had a lovely day to walk around the gardens and enjoyed a coffee sitting outside.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 7 June 2021

Our expectation was more than the delivery. We cruised downriver there and back and that was enjoyable but he house and grounds were disappointing - the grounds probably suffered from the past year with Covid but the house was dark inside and full of 'stuff' which we didn't expect. ( the family were inveterate collectors of everything from local antique markets apart from artifacts from various 'digs' by Agatha and her husband.

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

I have seen this house 4 years ago from the river Dart when we went on a cruise from Dartmouth. Ever since I wanted to visit it in person especially because Agatha Christie was one of my favourite author when I grew up. Tickets were very limited and I was very lucky to book them for myself and my family although the timing wasn’t great. Ideally we would like to have an early slot and take a ferry to Dartmouth or do one of circular walks around. Anyway I was very excited to go and read a lot about it in NT website. I’m so glad that I did in advance! There is no explanation about anything Agatha Christie related in the rooms. The knowledge of room attendants was also very limited. Which is quite disappointing. I know that many of these jobs are filled by volunteers ! However I think it’s important if they have some basic information about what the particular room is about and. An answer some general questions. I know that I would learn if I was in their place!
Also only ground floor is open so what you could actually visit is very very limited. The best attraction was gardens and views! We went on a sunny warm day and it looked lovely. Nat Trust gift shop had a good selection of Agatha Christie novels.

Date of experience: April 2021
1  Thank 265irinaj
Reviewed 31 May 2021

A pleasant day out in good weather. The house is not particularly interesting, and I was surprised that there was (apparently) no exhibition that might have told visitors more about the history of the house, its gardens or its most famous resident, Agatha Christie. It seems you had to buy the guidebook for more background info.

The main attraction was the gardens, which are extensive and reach from the river up to the hill behind. this would not be an easy place to visit if you have limited mobility - although there are a few level walks. Views across the River Dart are stunning.

As usual at NT properties, snacks and ice creams are pricey but of very good quality.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

There are plenty of walks in the gardens although these are not as good as nearby Coleton Fishacre and there is plenty of info about Agatha herself