“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Jack's Cafe

Jack's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Tremont
Reviewed 25 March 2017

My husband & I made our first visit to this restaurant along with our daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters on a Friday evening. This appears to be a fairly new restaurant. It was very clean and well maintained on the inside. We all ordered water with lemon. The waitress first served a basket full of different breads to our table. We enjoyed it and ordered a complimentary second basket of bread. My husband ordered the all-you-can-eat fried walleye, with bake potato, and lettuce salad with homemade ranch dressing. I had the chopped steak smothered in the sweetest onions ever, served with green beans, large baked potato and lettuce salad with homemade blue cheese dressing. The blue cheese dressing was very good, but could have used a little more cheese pieces in it for my liking. The rest of the family ordered breakfasts which were ample servings of 3-egg omlettes, hashbrowns, and pancakes. They also had an order of mozzarella cheese sticks served with spaghetti sauce for dipping. The sauce was excellent. I was very surprised and pleased at the large portions of food served for the price paid. Our waitress was very sweet and helpful. The bill for my husband & me was $20.26. We would definitely return to Jack's in Tremont (directly off I-155 Tremont exit).

2  Thank Sharon B

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Very nice family style restaurant at reasonable prices. It is located right off the interstate for easy access. Food was good, adult beverages available also. Staff is friendly and restaurant is clean and well lit. Good variety on menu and breakfast is served all day.

1  Thank IllinoisBombom
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

It's a breakfast all day, home cooked food kind of diner that also serves beer and some fine food. The all you can eat walleye is great. The prime rib on Saturdays is amazing. The double lemon meringue pie is out of this world!!! Everything I've eaten there has been great.

2  Thank sjr1974
Reviewed 28 December 2016

The food was ok. Don't get fries with hamburger, have to pay extra. The side salad was just iceburg lettuce with a cucumber slice on top. Over priced for what it was. Dumplings in the chicken and dumplings were nasty! Service was bad, slow and had to ask for refills multiple times. There were not over 10-15 people in the whole place when I was there.

3  Thank summerstylez09
Reviewed 19 October 2016

We live in rural Tremont so we pass Jack's location just off I-74 frequently.

We have eaten all three meals at Jack's and have always enjoyed our food.

They are a bit more expensive than your average family restaurant but I think they use higher quality ingredients. We also enjoy extra touches such as chilled salad plates, etc.

Service is generally friendly and attentive.

They always have some kind of specials.

Most entrees come with a choice of soup or salad and a basket of homemade bread. Potato is extra for lunch sandwiches which I personally appreciate since I have to avoid carbs because I'm diabetic. Most of the time I wind up paying for a potato that I can't really eat and really don't want the temptation.

Expect to be long-term customers.

3  Thank RetiringAt62