“Heaven on Earth”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
RobynHele...
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed 20 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

I was so excited to go away for a long weekend with my boyfriend. I had searched through many log cabins available to rent and knew I wanted one that definitely had a hot tub as this was important to me. I came across the alpine lodge that seemed in a good location, had a hot tub and was at a decent price for 3 nights. It also mentioned a nearby pub which was also important especially to the boyfriend! On arrival we found the lodge and were welcomed by the owner. The cabin itself is quite nice, a little old fashioned but I didnt mind that. We were shown the hot tub and round the inside of the cabin. After heading out for the day we came back excited to get into the hot tub and relax - however this did not happen as it was freezing cold!! After fiddling round with the buttons and increasing the temperature we were hopeful that on our return from the pub the tub would be hot enough to get in. So, thinking there was a pub within 1 1/2 miles we started walking. It turns out the pub is a fairly long walk down a hill which means going home is a steep and long climb - not the best after a couple of drinks! When we got back from the pub to try - yet again - the hot tub, it was even colder. So we left it for the night! The next plan was to have a BBQ, however this wasnt possible with an empty gas cylinder! The next day I contacted the owner to explain the hot tub situation and she said she would go and check out the problems. We were already out for the day so expected a nice hot tub ready on our return - yet again to be disappointed. That evening I went to get a glass out of a cupboard, only for the sheet of glass that was the face of the cupboard to fall out and drop on to my feet, luckily without smashing! If a child had opened the cupboard or been stood next to me this could of been very dangerous! We went our 3rd day with no hot tub and on check out on the 4th day the owner mentioned that she had only gone to check the hot tub the day before we were due to leave and believed it was in working order - I do not understand how a cold hot tub can be described as "working". I was so excited to stay in this lodge and felt really disappointed and let down by a couple of things that could of been easily and promptly solved and made I break much more enjoyable!

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Gilly358
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 3 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

We have just come home from a week at Alpine Lodge and have had a lovely peaceful holiday. The views are wonderful from the lounge of the lodge and it makes an ideal base to travel to many places in North Wales. The lodge was spotless and the owner just could not do enough for us. Before we left we have already booked again for next year and would throughly recommend staying there. Our little bit of Heaven on Earth!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Views
Liked least: There is nothing we didnt like about the property
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
liverpool
Reviewed 31 October 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34

Reviewed 18 August 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing