“Chips/guacamole to die for! Gluten-free experiences place!”
Review of Lucha Cantina

Lucha Cantina
Ranked #20 of 381 Restaurants in Rockford
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lucha Cantina is your home for the freshest real juice margaritas, made from scratch salsas, handmade corn tortillas and the best Mexican Food that Rockford has to offer. Our sauces are based on tried and true recipes and we our tacos are legit. If you have one in your group who doesn't want Mexican, we have them covered to with hand packed half pound burgers and our addictive Mac & Cheese.
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This is a go-to place for me with all my food allergies. The owners and wait staff are VERY knowledgeable about gluten/celiac and other food allergies! My favorite is the chips/guacamole and many options for salsa! I recently tried the Quinoa salad with chicken...by far my favorite dinner item! Many options for seating..bar area or outdoor seating are my favorite but there is a very good sized room for dining for larger groups! I go to Lucha 1-2 times per month! Enjoy!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here after a soccer tournament game. It’s a cute restaurant and bar. Fun decorations, great service and a nice bar area where we were able to watch a soccer match.

Food was tasty overall - we had chips and salsa. Liked the mango black bean salsa and the smoky chipotle one. Many salsa choices. Chips were good, not greasy. Our main meals were the verde burrito, enchiladas Rajas and the southwestern chop salad. We were happy with the quantity, quality and freshness of ingredients. Only opportunity for improvement was another spin of the salad greens as they were a little watery. Also, both the salad and enchiladas could have used a bit more spice.

Overall, recommend coming here, especially if you want a local, friendly feeling restaurant.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Don’t bother trying this place out. Chips and salsa and margaritas are average. Innovative menu but somehow doesn’t deliver on taste and quality. There is nothing “authentic” about this place if you’re looking for true Latin flavors.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

My husband and I went over the weekend for the first time. I was a little disappointed. The service wasn't the fastest and they were not busy. The food was good. It will be awhile before we return.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Found this restaurant online after Fresco at Anderson Japanese Gardens was very crowded. The food was innovative, delicious. The Jam tacos were outstanding! We loved their selection of salsas. And, their Happy Hour prices on drinks was an unexpected surprise. We'll be back.