“Undiscovered gem”

Baci's Kitchen- Cafe' and Pizzeria
Ranked #50 of 395 Restaurants in Rockford
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Description: Baci's Kitchen is a fast casual setting. Open Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 8A-9p. Baci's offers carryout/delivery as well.
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

So my family and I on a whim decided to try Baci’s Kitchen, we went in with low expectations and came out super satisfied!

I had a buffalo chicken wrap that was the best I ever had(no lies) seriously damn good.

Wife had a Calzone and the size of there Calzones are the biggest in Rockford!

The Calzone was $13 and and I had the Buffalo chicken wrap with side salad and sweet potato fries for $12. The prices are fair.

I, like others stayed away from this place because of 1 horrible review and we on the other had an overall 5/5 stars food and service! Will be coming back again very soon!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Four of us went for drinks and dinner last night. Upon entering the restaurant, we asked another couple leaving how their dinner was? Food was good, entertainment so loud one could not hear person across from them. Based on this, made the decision to eat outside. A terrific outdoor patio for cocktails, dinner not so good. Waiter was his first night working, so we had no expectation after he shared his embarrassment of not truly knowing much about the beverage or food menus. He was friendly and was truly trying. Management failed him with poor training. Drinks came two at a time, either due to no trays or unable to carry more than two, and no service staff members helped. Bloody Marys are average. Ordered bruschetta asappetizer, and it was served after entrees were served. Bruschetta was the high point on the food. Lasagna was burned on the bottom and barely warmed. This entree is probably heated via microwave upon each time ordered. Three protein bowls were served or which one was rated as good, two as would never order again. Beer selection is good. Menu prices are fair. Patio is excellent. I hope they improve what they do, as would enjoy going to the patio, though with many choices for outdoor dining in the area, just going for drinks make this a low choice to return again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Food was cooked correctly, served hot and prices were very fair. Might suggest they try a heartier wheat for toast. Pleasant staff. Loved the music choice. And very clean!!!!! Lots of natural light. No feeling of being rushed.

1  Thank Lana S
Reviewed 19 March 2018

This is my new favorite Rockford place for breakfast. The food is good and the wait staff is as well. Prices are comparable to other breakfast places in Rockford. The things that make this place special: quiet background music; lots of windows: clean; made-to-order omelets. The whole vibe of the place makes it feel special. It's also a place for lunch or dinner. Try the paninis.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Baci Ristorante has been open for a while, but I had not yet gone there. My wife went with friends a few days ago and came home with glowing remarks, so today we went for lunch. E\We will be returning. The food was wonderful and the casual atmosphere comfortable. I was full from a weekly breakfast, so went for a bowl of soup. The Sausage "Gumbo" was really a tasty vegetable soup with a bit of spice and a some sausage pieces. Not quite what I expected, but satisfying. My wife had a Avocado Burger that looked and tasted delicious. Huge !!! She shared a bit of the meat to boost my soup.

Altogether a great lunch. I'm looking forward to going back for dinner soon to try some of the tempting main dishes.