“Fab weekend”

Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Seats 28 around a single table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Fab weekend”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Went to Quarnford Lodge this bank holiday weekend and it was amazing. Don't get me wrong, our weekend was made extra special by the friends we shared it with but in terms of the accommodation, amenities and nearby places to visit we couldn't go wrong! Fabulous base to an amazing area and I would advise anyone to take advantage of the lodge that is especially adaptive to young families and older folk too with spacious bedrooms on both levels. Dining together was ace in the huge dining area and the two snugs were fab with the kids in the now called 'movie room' and adults in the other. Great place and I must advise anyone to stay up and watch the sun rise. It happened at 4.52am on the first Saturday morning and it didn't leave us disappointed. Looking forward to our next booking!

Richard

Ian L
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for big groups”
Reviewed 25 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

We booked Quarford Lodge for my partners 30th Birthday and it was perfect for the 22 of us. Massive bonus having an en suite for each room so everybody can still enjoy some privacy. Great living area and outside area. Plenty of footpaths all over the nearby peaks and decent pubs nearby too, can't fault it!

Big thanks to Pete and Marie (the owners) for being so accommodating and easy to deal with.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Walkers are Welcome here.”
Reviewed 24 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

A group of 20 walkers spent 4 days at Quarnford. It's a brilliant place with plenty of kitchen room for everyone who, inevitably piled in all at once, to make packed lunches. There's a boot room to stack damp clothing and muddy boots. The hot water didn't run out even under the most severe testing when we all returned at the same time and headed for the showers.
We were most impressed when we reported that one of the dishwashers wasn't working and found a new one installed the next day. Our contact was Mark who was friendly and helpful and responded immediately to any requests.
We go on a walking holiday every year and this is by far the best place.
A group of us visited the New Inn at Flash which doesn't serve food but is great for local beers.
The Knight's Table at Quarnford catered for all of us. The staff were cheerful and friendly - good pub food, but not open on Monday and Tuesday.
We also ate at The Royal Oak Inn at Longnor and The Lazy Trout near Leek. At both the food was excellent and can be well recommended.
We walked The Roaches which was stunning and Dovedale which was beautiful but busy.
We had a great holiday. Thanks Pete and Marie-Axelle you provided a great service and your house is perfect for our large group.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
GAllen198...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing place- top weekend”
Reviewed 20 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This place is brilliant! Clean, has all the amenities and is fantastic for a great get together.

I booked this place a year before our arrival and probably sent 50 emails with questions but nothing was ever a problem. Replies were always the same day too!

It's not far from Buxton, we got a taxi to go for a drink and didn't cost much between us.

All of us (and we filled the place) want to return!

Great place- thank you!

SimonHowe
“Perfect in every way ”
Reviewed 11 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

I've just returned from a lovely and rewarding sojourn to Quarnford Lodge.
I can't praise this place enough!
I wanted a Stag weekend that avoided nightclubs or pub crawls and such. All I wanted was a large relaxing house, with my mates, guitars and everything at hand.

From the moment myself and my 26 friends arrived until we left we had three full days of companionship that went above and beyond our expectations.

There was more than enough space and comfort for all of us. A fully equipped kitchen to cater for us all and a lovely friendly pub only a hundred yards up the road that serves the best grub.

You'd of thought after a day or two we'd of been getting tired of each other, but our time literally flew by!
Amazing surroundings in a beautiful scenic area of England.

All my entourage had the best time. Acoustic guitars, pool table, BBQ, trip to Buxton and so much more!

I'm giving Quarnford Lodge full approval as it was everything I wanted and more.
Owners Pete and Marie-Axelle were so easy to correspond with before and after our break and without doubt were a pleasure to deal with.

Excellent

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing