“Curries”

Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Tuakau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2022

Awesome curries best I have had. Am now a regular and only 5minutes from Pokeno.
Have not dinned in but it looks like a nice atmosphere.
Highly recommended if you live in the area or if passing down main hiway its only 5 minutes from main road.

Date of visit: November 2022

Reviewed 26 September 2022 via mobile

We had a family dinner at The India, and both the food and service were great. This is a very popular restaurant, and we now understand why.

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 13 September 2022

On Tuesday the 16th August my son and I were coming home after an early evening appointment and decided to have dinner out before going home. I decided to have a quick look while driving down the main street and seeing what was available. The Indian Restaurant in Tuakau was displaying $15.99, Mon Tue Wed, Any Curry & Rice, Dine in Only, 4pm till late night. So, in we went and ordered our meals. When I was about to pay my son pointed out to the owner that the pamphlets on the counter displayed a different price to the advertised price on the wall outside. The pamphlets on the counter were advertising the same dinner deal but with a lunch price of $12.99 and my son was trying to be helpful with the fact that they contradicted the outside price. The response from the owner "We don't do that anymore" Upon that I said to her that outside it said $15.99 for a main and rice and that we had come in because of the sign, and she replied with, food had gone up and that I should have asked when I was given the menu. I said that I realise that food has gone up but that is not the point, the point is I saw an advertised price and entered because of it and it should be honoured. She did not agree, she did not apologise and in fact charged me full price and said that they need to take the sign down. I told her that it is not right to not honour that advertised price as it is false advertising and that I would not be returning. I have had a busy time and haven't managed to make a formal complaint but was in Tuakau today (13th September) and the advertised price is still outside displayed on the wall for people to see. I live in Tuakau and it has been on the wall ever since we were there for dinner that night. As much as it is lovely food, as much as covid and costs have increased it is not right that the owner of an establishment does not see that it is wrong to advertise a price and then charge more on payment and still continues to advertise that price. I will not be back.

Date of visit: August 2022
Mukesh S, Owner at India Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2022

Please don’t come we not need like your people

Reviewed 17 April 2022 via mobile

A pleasant surprise to find this place in Tuakua. Very friendly staff, great service, excellent meals. A hidden gem, we will be back for sure

Date of visit: April 2022
Reviewed 1 April 2022 via mobile

Having worked with Indian guys for 10+ years we have come to love Indian food and having been to numerous different ones especially in Manukau and Auckland, this is in our own backyard and wow delicious. We went for takeaways but ended up dinning in. Fabulous food, staff, and atmosphere. Very busy in takeaway side and the dinning room filled up fast. We had a chicken Masarla and also a vege masarla with a plain nann and a delicious cheese Nann.
Highly recommend if passing through Tuakau go to the restaurant

Date of visit: April 2022