“A steakhouse that always serves a memorable meal.”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd Street
Description: Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is a Rush Street legend that has just added a location in Oak Brook. Big steaks, big drinks and big shots, that's what it's all about at Gibsons! Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse Oak Brook boasts a large outdoor patio which has the capacity to seat 200 and includes a lounge area with three toasty fire pits, an Alpine Waterfall feature off the outdoor dining area and a full outdoor bar. Come in and enjoy dining on our patio or just sit around the fire pit with friends to sip some cocktails. Outdoor seating will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis.
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Gibsons is our "go to" steakhouse when we want something above the everyday fare. We are never disappointed. As usual the steaks were excellent and seared to perfection. The drinks were sufficiently generous to make you feel welcomed and the accompanying starches and greens were perfectly prepared. The service was up to its usual high standards and the dessert (Turtle Ice Cream) was unbelievably large and delicious. Our table of 5 took nearly 1/2 of the dessert home. Needless to say...we will be back.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

It used to be my favorite steakhouse in West Chicago, not anymore!
We arrived 30 min early and after waiting 1.5 hours minutes for our reserved table (1 hour after our confirmed reservation time) we finally got seated. This was supposed to be a great celebration of my daughters confirmation, it ended up being a huge disappointment. We spent the waiting time eating dry fries and slow service in the bar. The dinner was not up to the standard of a high priced Chicago steakhouse. My steak was ok, but I believe my dog enjoyed it much more than me.
Summary; extremely poor time management , overcrowded and stressed out staff, steaks far away from the quality level it used to be. Do NOT bring customers or family there, they will hate the waiting time.
We are saying never again, there are better options

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Great service - the food was a little off, not hot. I’m a native Texan and appreciate a seared ribeye - don’t care for any tricked out side béarnaise sauces other then creamy horseradish... Dinning at the bar was a bit awkward as it had a rail in front of your plate. Overall, friendly service - we’ll give it another try as it has great reviews.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I'm not impressed with this restaurant. I have been to several fine dining restaurants in the Oak Brook area and this one must be one of most overrated high end ones. I visited a few times for a business lunch/dinner and have been disappointed every time. The ribeye was decent but for the price you can get a better one "next door" at Perry's or Ditka's. This place also has the most pathetic excuse for a Ruben sandwich. It's basically a bread with a bit of a mustard and 4 thick cut slices of roast beef. No sauerkraut or any other condiments. You basically choke yourself on a dry piece of beef and bread.
If you're looking to spend north of $40 on your steak or other decent meal, go somewhere else.
I also don't like their decor and table setups. A high end restaurant should never have a paper cloth on their tables...

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

worth every penny. There are several top notch steakhouses in the Oakbrook area but this one is “hands down” the BEST. It’s not even close. From the moment you enter, you know this place is the real deal. Great ambience. A big bar with plenty of TV’s.... just in case you have to sneak away from your meal to check the score of your favorite team. I might also add that the drinks they pour here are BIG just like like everything else. On my most recent visit, I started out (like I always do) with a gin martini...up with a couple of blue cheese olives followed by the Loaded Wedge Salad. It’s served on a chilled plate with plenty of blue cheese dressing, bacon and blue cheese crumbles.....Dr. Oz would not be happy. Although you can get pork, chicken, lobster or fish at Gibson’s, I come for the BEEF and as far as I’m concerned, there’s only one way to go when it comes to the main course......the W.R. Chicago Cut Bone-in Ribeye.....22 ounces of meat eating pleasure. I don’t think there’s a better steak in Chicago. Ask your waiter to tell you the story about how the steak got its name. As far as sides go, there are plenty....mushrooms, sweet potatoes, loaded bake potato, double baked potato, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, etc. etc. BEWARE of the side dishes. They are VERY BIG and meant to be shared. Personally, I’m old school and always get the loaded baked potato and make sure the table has mushrooms. Any else that gets ordered by the others is a bonus. Now, no steak dinner would be complete with some VINO. As you would expect, GIBSON’S has a great wine list with plenty of good selections at several different price points. You don’t have to spend a fortune to get some good juice. Additionally, if you want to bring a special bottle from home, they will serve it to you for a $30.00 cork fee. I generally get a bottle of Jordan Cabernet....once again “old school”. If it’s a special night, you can also find Opus One, Caymus Special Select and Silver Oak. After dinner, if you’re still able to do desert.....remember....you only need one......even if you have 8 people...trust me. The deserts are HUGE....and tasty. On this particular night, we had to “tap out”......so maybe next time. In closing, I would only say.....Forget the rest and come to the BEST....GIBSON’S.