“Anniversary ”

Aroy Thai Cuisine
Ranked #17 of 104 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We went in to this place on a recommendation from a friend. I love Thai food so that’s why we went. We called to request a table for us, 2 but they only do requests or large parties. They said to just come and we’d get a seat. We got there and parking is not huge so at 430 on a Friday, we got a pretty good spot not too far away. We went inside and weren’t sure if we just sit or wait to be seated, we opted to just sit. There was one waitress who came over and gave us a menu. I love Singha beer (which they had), so i ordered that and water. They menu was pretty good with the general dishes. We got the sampler platter: shrimp wrapped rolls, veggie rice wraps, pot stickers and crab Rangoon. I really enjoyed the crispness of the potsticker, shrimp roll, and crab ragoon all were delicious. The veggies rice wrap was ok. No real spice or flavor but you can dip it into the sauce that comes with it a Thai sweet and sour with red pepper flakes. I ordered a half serving of Tom Yum Goong and the Drunken Noodle. Husband got the Orange chicken. I will say this restaurant, I wasn’t asked a number for spiciness, which I love it spicy since I grew up on Thai food. The orange chicken with fries rice which was very good with a Caramel type texture sauce over crispy chicken pieces and orange slices. My Tom Yum was good, shrimp had tails removed, plenty of mushrooms and ok on spice for me but I was surprised mine didn’t come with rice automatically to cut spice down. The drunken noodle was great with plenty of noodles, vegetables and chicken in it. I loved it. Definitely a good try and plenty to share under entree menu. We will go back but to try other items on the menu. I love to change it up. If you haven’t gone here, I will say it has a richer feel to it then some of the other Thai restaurants but you wear what you want, the waitress just wore a nice tuxedo type outfit. It was a clean Enviornment and looks clean in restaurant area. It has a short drink menu for beers and wines. So go check it out and make your own decision.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Been eating Orange Chicken since I was a kid. Have had it from all kinds of places. This is by far, the best I have ever had. Very well prepared and high quality. All whole chunks of chicken, not a bunch of batter like at other places. Sauce was perfect, very savoury but not salty. I enjoy the Thai Fried Rice and Red Curry Chicken from here also.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went with the family for the first time on Easter. The service was quick. The servings are very generous. The girls got the kids fried rice and lo mein and enjoyed it very much. My pad Thai was very yummy. I asked for a 2 out of 4 for spicyness and I only tasted it a couple times. My MIL ordered the same and found it to be just right for heat. If you like spicyness you may want a 3 or 4. We are looking forward to another visit.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Wanted to get some Thai take out so I could get some work done at the hotel. Stopped into Aroy Thai since it was close to the hotel. Ordered the chicken satay appetizer and the three brother dinner. Overall the food wss mediocre at best. It was basically just ok. Nothing special. I would suggest trying other menu items. The restaurant is clean and ordinaryand the is a bar if you want wine or cocktails.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Always fantastic and consistent with the staff and food! Go hungry, portions are huge! Staff are always responsive and very nice!

Date of visit: January 2018