“WOW”
Review of El Argentino

El Argentino
Price range: US$28 - US$51
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: If you want to enjoy the excellent Argentine beef, eat an excellent barbecue and know the true "Parrilleros" come and see us at the restaurant El Argentino.You can spend a wonderful evening in a traditional and cozy restaurant with a spacious summer terrace nestled in the hills of the province of Asti.We are specialists in the art of cooking meat on the grill.Our chefs know the secrets and techniques carefully designed to offer you the best meat in a beautiful setting, in the heart of Monferrato, with a real taste of Argentina.
Reviewed 10 January 2015

This restaurant is the best in Asti and I would recommend it to everyone! An all round Fantastic experience the food and evening was perfect * * * * *

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Up a winding hill, but well signposted, sits this little oasis of Argentina - a lovely outside area, with a cosy restaurant inside for when the weather is unkind.
It's funny - I've been here several times and sometimes the food has been fairly ordinary - the steaks a little bit tough - which, for a restaurant specialising in meat, should be it's downfall - but - it has always been a great night! I've figured out a few things - order the tenderloin, as opposed to the strip loin - it's a little more expensive - but streets ahead in terms of quality. Specify the way you'd like it to be cooked - they tend to cook everything to a medium/well done stage unless asked - I like mine medium rare - and it was perfect. The meat comes with a baked potato and there's a choice of sauce - if that's your thing. The paella is wonderful - it says on the menu (helpfully there's an English version if you struggle with Italian) that it's for two people - but we've asked for paella for one several times and it hasn't been a problem. To be honest it's not the most adventurous menu: steaks, ribs etc nothing particularly earth shattering in a culinary sense, but more than worth a visit.
It's a family run business - they're all there and can't do enough to make your meal a long relaxing affair - the Argentinian wines are reasonably priced, and delicious and a must is the post prandial Argentine digestive - with coffee.
There's no hurry, it's busy and noisy, especially at the weekends, but you're welcome and made to feel so. A great place for a group of six or eight - lovely if it's just you and a friend.
It's a must visit place when I come to the area - we always have a great night!
Lovely views over the valley, beautiful sunsets - bring the mosquito spray if you're there at sundown - and prepare to chat and eat and enjoy the hospitality of this unhurried, but efficient, family!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

It was my first time at El Argentino. I was surprised there were quite a few vegetarian options. I found the food of good quality and well presented, my friends had meat so I guess they enjoyed even more than me. The starters and dessert selection are a great way to taste a bit of everything and of good value. The location is quite easy to find and panoramic and the staff lovely.

1  Thank ValeTina87
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our best meal in Italy to date, we ate with friends and family the food is amazing.

We shared a PARRILLADA ESPECIAL EL ARGENTINO which was the best steak I have ever eaten, its a little of the beaten track but the best places usually are.

The wines and beers are also fantastic.

Try it and enjoy :-)

1  Thank Nik C
Reviewed 1 July 2013

A nice place where you can enjoy lovely food and most of all lovely wine. Inside if its too cold to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful view over teh wine yards.

1  Thank Marianne H