“Family Birthday”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Fun restaurant to take the kids for birthday celebrations. Reservations are recommended because it can get crowded. It is more of an upscale steakhouse (with prices to match) that has table side teppanyaki grills to prepare the food in front of your group. Even at a young age my kids enjoyed the "show" of seeing their food prepared in front of them. The chefs are always friendly and the whole evening is a fun event to take the family to.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I could not love this place more! The food is incredible here! The best scallops ever. Their salad, fried rice, vegatables and entrees are super yummy. Their egg yolk sauce is unbelievable. You will crave this forever! I live over 2000 miles away now so whenever I come back to visit, I always make sure to make a reservation here.
Their ice cream is delicious as well.
My friends and I always start at the bar which serves wonderful and refreshing frozen cocktails or whatever else you could want.
This is a great, all around culinary delight!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I went with my husband and another couple. The food was delicious. I chose the sirloin steak and garlic shrimp. My husband had the sirloin and golden shrimp. We shared our shrimp...both were excellent...but the golden was the best. I would go again. Great place to hang with friends. We had dinner with iced tea. For two of us, with tip...$88. A little pricey so I gave it a rating of 4.

1  Thank gothealth2
Reviewed 19 August 2017

My father inlaw is 86 years old and wanted to take us out for dinner while he visited.
He is from a small town in Wisconsin. The waiter did not believe he tipped her enough. She make a huge sense and even followed us out to the car. My father inlaw was confused and very embarrassed. The people at Kampai have always been a bit like this but this time they went too far. I will never allow any of my employees to take another client to this place. Chicago is a big town and there are great places to eat. Kampai is not one of them.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

There are a number of Japanese steak houses in the greater Chicago area and more and more seem to open up each year. While the majority of them are good I have to say my favorite is Kampai. The food is so good. It's relatively close to the airport and Rosemont, so if you're in town visiting and you'd like a nice experience, check this place out.