“5 star food , 3 star ambiance”
Review of China Town Express

China Town Express
Ranked #41 of 69 Restaurants in Morton Grove
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here several times. The ginger and onion lobster, the mixed vegetable dish, salt and pepper smelts, egg rolls, beef chow fun with Chinese broccoli were the perfect mix for our tastes. It is all about balance and tastes that you want to get a great meal here.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is close to my in-laws house and I keep coming back for the delicious garlic eggplant dish. It is incredible...a huge pile of perfectly cooked Eggplant caramelized in warm, garlic soy sauce for only $7.95. Always have leftovers, too! The other food is good, too, and the servers are nice.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Three of us dined here on a whim. Typical plain Chinese sit down restaurant. We were there for food, not for decor. Moderately busy restaurant. Mix of customers, large noisy groups dining at banquet size tables and couples in booths.

We ordered six dishes: stir fried shrimps with vegetables, half of a Chinese fried chicken, beef chow fun, fish fillets, Szechuan string beans, and combination egg foo young. Foods arrived from the kitchen quickly. Portion sizes commiserated with the prices. Favors were passable as edible credible Cantonese comfort food. Recipes were not Westernized.

Not too much parking. Accepts credit cards. Wait staff won't make any dish recommendations, but will clarify what ingredients are in a dish if you ask. Fairly extensive menu. Worth stopping by again to sample other dishes. Perhaps those might be more savory.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Chinatown Restaurant used to serve high-quality Chinese dishes before the management changed. My husband and I had been enjoying their food for years. Not realizing it was under new management, I suggested to my neighbor, who had never had their food, that we order take-out one evening and told her how great the food was. We ordered moo shu pork, which turned out to be a pile of sauteed onions with microscopic pieces of onions. Tasteless and did not even resemble moo shu pork. It was horrible!!! I called and complained and was told they would talk to the kitchen. Never went back. From the previous reviews, I see they never improved. Too bad. :(

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Decent food for the price. They seem to change in management/ownership which decreased the quality of the food and friendliness of the staff.

Date of visit: August 2015