“Excellent food and service”

Bass Street Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bass Street Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 173 Restaurants in Moline
Price range: US$15 - US$65
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 17th
Description: Bass Street Chop House, located in Moline, Illinois, is a prime steakhouse featuring the finest cuts of hand-selected U.S.D.A. prime and choice dry aged cuts of meat and jet-fresh seafood. Bass Street provides casually elegant fine dining that is complemented by the best-tasting steaks, chops and seafood, skillfully served 7 nights a week. Bass Street Chop House offers the Quad Cities, private dining spaces for special events, outdoor patio and a full service bar. The Chop Bar offers signature cocktails, extensive wine and single malt scotch collection, as well as a light bar menu.
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Dinner with a group of 15. Very good service. Only downside was the lobster corn chowder. Strictly average. Our food was well prepared and the sides are great. Mac and cheese and creamed corn are both really good. We had steaks and seafood. All good. Desserts were very good to, Cheesecake and creme brulee are a couple winners. A don't miss stop for a nice dinner.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

I stopped by Bass Street Chop House on a Tuesday night; as expected, it was not very crowded. There is a large, free parking lot across the street. It is close to the interstate.

I had somewhat of an odd meal because I had a large snack, and I ate at the bar. There is a long, single row bar, with one television off to the right. The bartender/servers was friendly and attentive.

The turkey with wild rice soup was fine. It probably goes without saying that, if you are at steak house - get the steak. But I was in the mood for it.

The carmelized brussel sprouts was a delicious side, with a portion big enough for several people. Order one and share; they were delicious.

The chargrilled oysters were delicious as well; get at least 2-3 per person to enjoy them.

The steamed broccoli side was the only disk I found "meh". If you are looking for plain, steamed large florets, that's what you get. But they had no taste. Maybe they could steam them and then, after being cooked - spray them with olive oil and a concoction of seasonings or spices to make them interesting.

I'll go back when I'm in the Quad Cities - and I'll be sure to get a steak.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I and another couple visited Bass St Chop House on Saturday January 28 and had a wonderful experience. Jacob, our waiter was very good, providing attentive and helpful service without overdoing it. Only slight negative was the fact that 2 items we had ordered were sold out for the night. However, the 4 entrees ordered were all excellent so the quality made up for the fact that an item or 2 was not available. Will be back for sure!

Reviewed 20 January 2017

We had very attentive, well-paced service, good food and some of the best virgin mojitos!
Crabcakes, lamb chops and spinich salad were all tasty and thoughtfully plated. The sides (green beans,brussel sprouts, mac and cheese) were fine, nothing out of the ordinary and clearly enough to share among the table.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We selected Bass Street Chop House for our adult daughter's birthday. 6 of us, a toddler and an infant. She wanted steak, and reviews for Bass Street were impressive. Boy were we disappointed. Our dinner was on the day after Christmas. The restaurant wasn't crowded. But our server seemed more interested in talking with the hostess than he did caring for our party. Mind you entrees are very expensive for this market -- $40 - 60 for protein and salad/soup. All sides are extra and $15. The server brought dinner, before clearing the soup bowls. NEVER asked if we wanted a second drink. Didn't offer any birthday sweet. Entrees were brought on a cart and served one at a time, not all at once by a team of servers, as I would expect from a restaurant at this price point. Dinner for 6 was $400. Long waits between courses. Long wait for bill. Unfortunately nearby Johnny's steak house has gone so far downhill (bad food/high price/terrible service), we were hoping for a nice alternative. Bass Street Chop House isn't it. Save your $.

1  Thank Julie B