“Wonderfully time and food”

Brewers Fayre Afon Conwy
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed family restaurant and bar. Ranges from been great for business guests dining to been great for celebrations. Unlimited refill Costa coffee. Unlimited refill sort drinks.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We visited yesterday and we have thoroughly enjoyed our time. I am not sure why some are so scathing. Bet you didn't even mention to a staff member your issues just blart it out on social media well we were impressed. Wouldn't surprise me if the last reviews were a bitter employee or friends of a bitter employee. Disgusting behaviour if you ask me.anyway our food was ace our server Corrine was brilliant she made us smile what a cheery disposition..

1  Thank kevinhillier1234

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend looking for somewhere else to eat...

We regularly eat at Brewers Fayre restaurants but this place really was awful!

One word, Dirty - A real nasty smell lingering around the unlimited drinks/ice machine hardly endears you. The table we were seated at was filthy, chairs covered in crumbs, chips scattered on the floor, table clearly unwiped and a bunch of used cutlery sitting on the window sill next to us.

Poorly trained and/or lazy staff - We spent 20 minutes waiting to be greeted for a table despite the restaurant being half empty and a number of staff seemingly standing around having a social - it seemed one bloke was tasked with greeting every single guest - credit to him he was running around trying his best, but he was clearly stressed with the situation.

Food - We arrived around 5 to be told they had ran out of carvery and mash potatoes. My other half wanted a lasagna. Every single time we’ve had lasagna previously at Brewers Fayre’s (normally eating the 2 for £8.99) we’ve been able to swap the salad for chips, yet we were told swapping the salad wasn’t an option despite it being a Sunday and paying double what we usually do.

The lasagna we were served looked like a sheet of pasta floating around in Heinz tomato soup.Tesco Value esqe it really wasn’t fit to be on the same menu as the lasagna from my local Brewers!! I had half a roast chicken, the chicken was dry, small in size, null of any flavour and didn’t look in the slightest bit appetising. The accompanying coleslaw was sour and the salad hadn’t been dressed.

All around the country we leave Brewers feeling stuffed, happy and looking forward to our next visit.

Yesterday we left feeling hungry, disappointed and questioning why we wasted our money.

If this was our first visit to a Brewers Fayre we really wouldn’t be using the chain again.

Shambles.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Pros-
Good parking
Cons -
Dirty
Smells near the drinks machine
Lack of choices of chicken
Food came undercooked and lack of taste
Took an hour for the food to come

100% DO NOT recommend

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We call in fairly frequently and have been generally quite satisfied, even pleased, with the food. Sadly, on this occasion, my heading "Dreadful!!!!!" is an understatement.
We both opted for the Atlantic haddock with chips and mushy peas. Whilst the meals looked quite appetising on the plates when they arrived, disappointment soon followed.
The fish was okayish and hot, but the same could not be said of the chips and peas. The chips were just about slightly warm and the peas were cold. No-one asked "Is everything ok?" and there were no staff members to be seen anywhere as we took our leave. Hopefully, our plates with the untouched chips and peas might make someone ask what went wrong, but I doubt it.

1  Thank dcttyb
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Used this pub for breakfast and evening meals whilst staying at the Premier Inn next door for two days. Excellent menu choice plus specials nights (curry, chips, fish, burger etc). Food well cooked and service was quick and efficient with a smile! Sensibly priced and family friendly. Seating well spaced out so you don't feel over crowded. A bonus for my partner to discover they sold Newcastle Brown Ale - made him very happy!
The breakfast team - Sophie and Nia deserve special mention as they went well beyond the call of duty in finding me something I could eat with my special dietary requirements and also chef for the delicious omlette! So kind! We will be back!