“A wonderful place to dine”

Tearoom At The Depot
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Mackinaw
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Six of us met for lunch at the Tea Room At The Depot in Mackinaw, IL.

Throughout the building, the decor is somewhat reminiscent of a Cracker Barrel. Knickknack sales at the entrance and visually interesting things in the dining area.

The waitstaff was wonderfully attentive throughout our visit. We were seated quickly and table service was fast and efficient without being obtrusive.

Like many of these eateries they stress lighter fare with a pared down menu. They have croissants, panini sandwiches, lots of salad choices, and,oh my, lots and lots of great deserts!
Of special note were the combo meals. The combos consist of a soup / salad, a sandwich, and a desert. They serve each meal in a three tiered carrier that makes for a visually pleasing display. The combo meal was about $17 (depending on the sandwich).

My wife and I (not being overly hungry) chose just a sandwich. I had the ruben and she had the smoked ham and cheese. Both sandwiches came panini style mine on swirled rye bread and hers on wheat bread. None of the sandwiches came with chips nor did I see the option of adding them. Opting for water with a lemon twist and passing on desert got us out the door for $17 and change. The sandwiches, while not "piled sky high", were by no means skimpy. They represented a good value for the money.

The Tea Room At The Depot is definitely geared towards the ladies, or couples out for a quiet meal. I would love to return and try one of the themed evening meals.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

The tearoom and gift shop is very nice. It is a great place to have lunch with friends. The food is very good.

2  Thank kidsarefun2
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Our adult daughters and I needed some quiet time away from the kids/grandkids; girls day out. This was a super place to come!! The lunch was terrific and the decor restful and calming. We each decided to go with the the tiered salad, sandwich, dessert combo. We all loved our choices! The spiced tea was terrific! We definitely want to come again!!
Come hungry! We loved the gift shop as well.

1  Thank Deb H
Reviewed 17 September 2016

As a Red Hatter we're always looking for places to go for lunch that have good table service as well as good food and a decent atmosphere. This place can be considered exceptional on all those points although the noise level reach the elevated status too. The first time around I remembered being "stuffed to the gills" when we left so I ordered accordingly this time. Still, after a very fresh and very tasty chicken salad I could not fit in dessert, as much as I wanted to. There is no way I would be able to fit in the three tier (soup sandwich dessert) offerings. Loved the unique presentation of the food. One thing I was disappointed in though was the greatly diminished tea offerings. I'm a tea drinker so I loved the boxed samples I was given the first time but that boxfull was reduced to three and I found the one I chose to be so sweet I couldn't drink it. Nevertheless, I started my Christmas shopping in the store before I left!

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

If you are looking to be spoiled for an afternoon then you have found the right olace! Beautifully presented food that is delicious and the dessert is to die for. Who can ask for more? Oh wait, you will even enjoy the cozy and charming setting. Then you can even shop for unique items after lunch in the adjoining depot store. A great afternoon delight