“Brunch on weekend”

Froggy's French Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Froggy's French Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Highwood
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Succulent French fare blending classic and modern styles. Specializing in seafood and wild game. Great selection of wines and attentive service.
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Delicious crepes and great variety hot drinks, flavored tea. and fruit infused water. Lovely patio. Limited indoor tables and slow service

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

As a longtime resident of the area, I've seen this and other restaurants go thru some very drastic changes. This restaurant has such a warm friendly cafe feel that you just know the cost will be worth it. The eclectic laid back french flair still exists. White linens, candles, greenery and a bit of a french rustic flair is quite nice.The food is ok and tastes fairly fresh and flavorful. Service is friendly but not as attentive to detail as it used to be.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2017

You will find this place right on the street in the middle of little else. At least that is what is seemed like when I arrived just before dark. Three women had dinner on a Wednesday night at 6:00pm. We were one table out of 3 occupied, but as the evening went on more diners came in. We were concerned that the noise level would rise and others' conversations would be too intrusive, but none of that occurred. Somehow this room is perfect in every way.
The atmosphere is incredibly warm, which I felt as soon as I walked in the front door. The darling umbrellas that diffuse the ceiling lights are a unique and effective way to make the room comfortable.
The wine list was good, but I always have trouble finding a sweet Reisling or Gewurztraminer. Same thing here. But our server offered a few tastings for me and we found a wine I could enjoy. I did speak to the owner on the way out and asked him to consider carrying a sweet white or Gewurztraminer, and he was kind enough to hear me out.
A small hors d'oeuvres tray and fresh bread were given to us and it was a nice start. We took our time chatting and the server was very patient, being careful to not interrupt or rush us. We ordered the French Onion Soup, Chicken Caesar Salad, Fish of the Day and Duck. Every one of us was pleased and satisfied with our meals.
The entire evening was a great mix of atmosphere, food and service. All three are top notch. How have I never been here before? I plan to return often and highly recommend trying Froggy's for a wonderful evening all around.

Be aware that Froggy's also has a Bakery just a few doors down. I plan to go there for some pastries. If the restaurant is any indication, the bakery will be wonderful also.

I also state this is Mid-range for cost, but the atmosphere is worthy of better rating but I don't want the place to sound stuffy.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2017

First time here, celebrating our anniversary. Service was exceptional, the food was all prepared with care and was very good. The beef medallions were cooked to perfection with a wonderful wine sauce.The seafood is amazing.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017

It is a custom for our family when visiting together in Highland Park to go to Froggy's. We have always had the greatest food, wonderful service and a truly French experience. We have lived and traveled in France and the chef at Froggy's ranks as one of the best. I always have escargot because I love it and it is great at Froggy's. The Friday night we were there, the place was full, but our waiter remembered us from previous visits and was thoughtul and knowledgeable as always. We had the added pleasure of an excellent cabaret singer. Quite a Night. My gluten free daughter, my meat loving husband and me the fish lover, all were highly satisfied.

Date of visit: September 2017