“Breakfast”
Review of Hazel's Diner

Hazel's Diner
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Hebron
Reviewed 6 September 2018

First time at Hazel's we went for breakfast an found it to be a nice clean small town restaurant. I ordered the biskets and gravy It took awhile but when it arrived i was amazed i thought i was getting breakfast for the week. The plate was about a foot square and loaded The biskets were soft and tasty the gravy was thick with large
pieces of sausage in it and very tasty I asked for a to go container g

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I have written many reviews and only one or two got a 5 star from me. Hazel’s deserves 5 stars for many reasons. Upon entering the interior decor reminds me of a warm farm kitchen. The hostess was prompt and friendly. Our waitress was equally friendly and prompt with a desirable sense of humor.
It was about 11:30 and we had not eaten yet so we were hungry. My wife ordered the eggs Benedict. The portion was huge and she thought the sauce was up there with the best she has tasted. I ordered “Combo 3” which included biscuit and gravy, hash browns, 3 eggs, sausage, and pancakes. Again, I was hungry and this was going to be our main meal of the day. Our waitress brought a huge portion of hash browns and huge portion of biscuits with sausage gravy on a large plate. I thought she screwed up my order and was ready to say something when she brought out a platter—not a plate—with 3 eggs 3 large link sausages and two 9” pancakes. This could have easily fed a family of 4!
Often a large quantity often means a loss of quality. Not true in this case! They tout that they make from scratch whenever they can and it shows!
Both my wife and I ate barely half of our meals. Our bill with coffee was less than $25.00—a real bargain.
My wife and I both highly recommend Hazel’s but come hungry!

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This diner is not far away from my home and my husband and I eat there frequently. We have never been disappointed with the food or the quality of service. Good things take time and many of their items are made from scratch. On busier days we’ve had to wait a little, but it’s always been worth it. Most of the time though, the food comes out surprisingly quick. Their portions are extremely generous. Everything is made with love and the family that owns the restaurant is amazing. If you are passing through Hebron, I highly recommend you stop in. Their pastries are fantastic and if you want to sit down for a bite, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Bridget D
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Have eaten at Hazels since it opened. We felt they served excellent breakfasts and lunches. The wait time was always long , but we just planned for that. Have also purchased special occasion cakes. Sadly, both will stop. Went for breakfast the Saturday before Easter. The restaurant had a good crowd and we were able to get a table for three. After sitting for over 15 minutes I went up to the counter and asked if someone could take our order. Another 5 minutes one of the three waitresses came.
Two orders of pancakes, one French toast, simple order. While waiting we noticed many people disgusted with the poor service and not happy with their food. After 35 minutes ours arrived. The one order of pancakes were the color of raw batter, not cooked at all. Can't believe they would even serve that. When she turned it over to see if the other side was better, there were bits of leftover food embedded in the bottom. There went our appetite. The waitress offered us another plate but we declined. I shared mine and it was not worth the price or wait. I tried a piece of the French toast and what a joke. It was a thick slice of bread dipped in egg and fried. NO cinnamon or sugar. It was disgusting. While we were there we began noticing the girls were not even cleaning the tables, just putting new silverware out. The table behind us had a little baby they sat on the table. I think you can guess what body part came into contact with the eating surface. Again, did not clean it. In the 1 1/2 hours we were stuck there they cleaned two tables and they sprayed them with WINDEX! Last time I looked WINDEX was a window cleaner not a disinfectant. This place is going in too many directions, catering, restaurant, bakery. Servers had to stop to get cake orders, which also were not ready. My last cake order was so dry it was like they made it a week earlier. Very disorganized and poor wait staff. Perhaps this is a new cook. What they really need is a visit from the health inspector. We will not be back.

2  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This was our third time here. First time a year ago and it was good. Second time was earlier this year and food was just okay. Third time was just plain laughable afterwards. After waiting, no less than an hour, for our breakfast we were served a few items of burnt pancakes, waffle, both topped with hard, ice cold butter and room temp syrup. After another 10 minutes the rest of the food came. The plate with the omelette was dripping raw egg. The eggs were not set. They said it was the veggies. Looked like green pepper soup on the plate. We KNOW what an omelette should be. During our long wait the waitress never visited our table to refresh our waters or update us on our order. It was like she left the building. When the owner came out with our food she said they were busy with a catering order. She never apologized for the food. She only offered to make it again. Really? Want to wait another hour.? She acted like their was nothing wrong with our order and was somewhat rude. Needless to say, our families will not be back. There were only 4 of us and 1 child.