“Nickel and dime you”

Add it.
Dairy Queen
Ranked #4 of 4 Dessert in Gurnee
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

They don't accept coupons when every other DQ in the area does. They charge you extra for toppings even if you are not adding extra just doing 1/2 and 1/2. The usually put 2 scoops of a topping in a small blizzard that's included, however if you want 1 scoop of one thing be once scoop of something else than he will charge you like an extra topping when it's not even extra. They even want to charge for a cup of water. I love DQ but this particular place has to change its business model.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I love the variety and quality of the ice cream, but most of the summer the lines are really long and move incredibly slow. Too bad, we would go more often if they handled the volume better.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 8 August 2015

This DQ is awful. I placed my order and tried to pay with my Chase card and am told I HAVE to use debit or it will not work. I refuse to type in my pin in public and insisted on using credit, which works EVERYWHERE except this DQ for some reason. I payed with another card and receive my order to go of two blizzards which were overflowing and melting and dripping everywhere. Nope, "sorry we can't help you with that"...no lids no nothing. Oh, and they didn't serve them upside down, which I called them on and and they said "we don't participate in that!" So now I have to drive home with two blizzards melting and flooding my car mats...and whenever there is a promotion that DQ is running, they never seem to honor it! NEVER AGAIN do I patronize this DQ!!! EVER!!!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

I've tried on serval occasions and been frustrated each time. Don't bother to come and use your card and not have your ID I understand protection but for a small price its ridiculous. The priced seem inflated from normal DQs. Very little windows and no easy place to eat outside. The lines can get backed up and yet there are 2 people working. Go somewhere else heck I'm willing to drive quite aways to get better.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 3 December 2014

There are several DQ's in northeastern Illinois. All of them BUT this one use ample amounts of candy in their blizzards. Not sure why but whenever we come here and order cookie dough or M&M blizzards, you get like a cup full of ice cream, some chocolate sauce and a couple pieces of candy. Really?! Not sure if the owner is trying to make money by skimping or what. Fox Lake, Zion, etc you name it, there's loads of candy in them. Funny, because they charge almost twice what Culvers down the road does for custard blizzards FULL of candy. The girls who work here are very friendly and efficient and they are just doing their jobs like theyre told.

Date of visit: November 2014