Free cancellation until 27/07
US$176
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$345
US$132
bedfinder
US$460
US$161
Priceline
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

US$278
US$235
US$205
Priceline
2,686 results
All reviewsgelatofish tacossushi barplay golfold quarryrented a carwater viewbeautiful propertyall inclusive packageall inclusive planservice chargetennis courtsstreet signspool barswimming areaexplore the islandminute drive
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a beautiful resort with amazing service! We booked a Sea Traditions room and were happy with the accommodations - the room was clean and well appointed. The room is set away from the main building so it is quiet and private. I am in the hotel industry so I am very critical when it comes to cleanliness and service - the Santa Barbara is top notch!

We did not do the all inclusive plan because we like to experience the local restaurants. Breakfast was included in our rate and we found the buffet had a great selection and the food was delicious. We would like to give a shout out to Allen for his friendly service each morning - he started our day with a smile!. Marvin at the pool bar really is a gem! His customer service is spot on and what a mixologist!

We took full advantage of all the services the resort offered from golf, spa, snorkeling, SUP and fishing. The golf course is well maintained and has some pretty views - play after 3pm for some great green fees! We really enjoyed the half day snorkel trip and the BBQ lunch is fabulous. This is a must do!

I would highly recommend renting a car. The island has so much to offer and the beaches and snorkeling are beautiful. Our favorite beach was Playa Purto Mari - beautiful clear water!

Please be sure to check out "Pack for a Purpose" if you book a trip to the island. (Note there is a link on the Santa Barbara site) There is a list of items that you can pack to donate.

Looking forward to our next trip to Santa Barbara!

Room Tip: Sea Traditions room - set away from the main building. Quiet and private.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle T
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Michelle T,

I am smiling ear to ear after reading your review. It sounds like you took full advantage of the great things to do and see on the resort and around the island! I too like Playa Purto Mari!

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I hope to see you again very soon!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort, for a wedding and as it was our first time to this resort, much less Curacao and while we were unsure of what to expect, I can say we were very happy with our stay/vacation.

The resort is located about 40min from a very nice (little) airport, taking you to a much more private/secluded part of the island. First impressions of the resort were of the lobby, which is very nice and opens directly out to the rest of the resort with gorgeous views of the resort and ocean. Check-in went well and we were in our room quickly to get unpacked and settled in for our stay.

Our first full day was spent at the Crescent pool (there are 3 pools on property, 2 are next to each other in the main resort area with a third one in a more private area for guests in another part of the resort) and the pool was clean, there was ample seating and cabana rentals were reasonable ($25/day) which gave my kids a chance to nap in the shade and ocean breeze without mom/dad having to go to the room as well. Drinks from the pool bar (Splash) were a bit pricey, but it is a resort so that is to be expected, however pool side service was slow and inconsistent so going to the bar was a much more effective way to get drinks.

The resort has a beach, but it is not on the open ocean so while it is nice and clam you do not get the waves (which is probably a plus and a minus depending on your situation). The boardwalk that surrounds the beach and separates the inlet from the beach/swimming area is nice and offers a nice walk to the marina. We did take a snorkeling trip one day and had a great time at the "Sunken Tugboat" location seeing lots of different fish and coral (our kids loved it).

The room we stayed in was a Premier Ocean View and while we were not directly in front of the ocean we had a good view (not a "premier" view) of the ocean and beach/lagoon area. It was a double room and slightly larger than a typical hotel room, with a separate toilet area, while the shower/sink area was separated only by a curtain. We did get our room serviced every day while we were out of the room which was nice to get fresh towels and the room straightened up. There is no coffee maker in the room, instead they offer a heated water kettle and instant coffee packets, which is a nice thought but is a bit of a miss on an amenity that was expected. Additionally, while there are two 110v outlets so you can plug in to items for charging you can call to the front desk and get adapters for the other outlets in the room.

Probably the biggest issue we had during our otherwise very relaxing stay was the slow food service. We ate at Shore, the more high-end restaurant on site and service was extremely slow (nearly 2 hours for food) and our waiter did not offer refills on water or drinks unless we could catch him running between tables to ask. Ultimately, this led to a discussion with the manager, as the adults received their food while the children still had not gotten theirs. The manager apologized and ended up paying for our entire meal which was nice but would have been unnecessary if the food was provided in a more timely manner. We also ate at Medi which is the more casual of the restaurants and while the breakfast buffet in the mornings was quick, the food was nothing spectacular and we were made to feel rushed as they were busy and had people waiting for tables. The café, was a nice place to stop for Gelato (the kids loved this) and pizza which was probably the quickest turnaround for food we had during our stay. The café' also offers a small convenience store area for snacks and drinks that you can take to your room.

Overall, the beauty of the resort, the cleanliness of the pool and beach areas along with the accommodations made for a very enjoyable and relaxing stay. If, however, you are looking for 5 star cuisine or more attentive service then you will likely be disappointed. As mentioned we did have two children and there are activities for the kids and the pool/beach area are very accommodating.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lobby, otherwise you could end up with a very long walk to/from the pool/restaurants. For better views request a room on the 3rd/4th floors to look out over some of the palm tress instead of through them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OpsBanker
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear OpsBanker,

Thank you for staying with us and I am so glad you could join us for a beautiful wedding. It sounds like you had a great time on the resort and on the island! Tugboat is a good snorkeling trip that is only about 15 mins from the resort.

I apologize for your experience with the service at Shore. I am glad that you talked with the manager so we could try to fix the situation.

I love your pictures and hope that we can welcome you and your family back again very soon!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We just got back from this beach & golf resort after 6 nights to celebrate my best friend's 60th birthday. There were anywhere from 8-12 of us at any one time (some got there early and left early). This place is beautiful, the staff, for the most part, really aims to please but service at the restaurants could have been much better. The PB Dye golf course is fun to play but can be difficult due to high winds. Food was very good. The rooms are standard size but all very nice.
It's about 35 minutes from the airport on the south/east side of the island, high that time to go to Williamstadt. Hyatt ran this place for 2 years out of the 4 years it's been there. Everything is maintained by the private ownership and management company first class. I would definitely want to come back here even though the flights from DC are pretty much an all day affair.
I highly recommend the place. To other reviewers, if you think things were so dirty, try letting the staff know. They'll take care of it.

Room Tip: If you want a beach front room away from everyone, go to the higher last 2 numbers like 38-52. If you want to be closer to lobby and pool, low numbers.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cbw51
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear cbw51,

First, please wish your friend a Happy 60th Birthday for me! Thank you for making us a part of your celebration!

I am glad you enjoyed the golf course. You are right, the wind, especially on holes 1 and 2, influence your game. It always takes me a couple of holes to get settled down and adjust my swing based on the wind!

I really appreciate your comment at the end of the review. I urge anyone staying with us, if something isn't up to standards or we could do something to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know your while you are here. It's our mission to make sure you have a great vacation experience and we want to do everything we can to make your stay enjoyable.

I hope that we see you again very soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The resort has astonishing entry, and when you get to the resort you'll be blown away by the luxurious look. It looks clean at first, but... The rooms are very small with either 1 king or 2 double beds which weren't enough for our family of 4 (2 adults + 2 babies). I decided to move the double beds together but found a lot of dust under the bed. There is no microwave in the rooms, only a coffee maker that doesn't work properly and the whole room is 220 volt. The rooms can be very far to the pool, beach and restaurant areas. Make sure you ask for a room that is close enough. The pool is ok.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BVLC1

Dear Ben C,

I am disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay. Many guests mention that our rooms are spacious. But I understand that traveling with two kids can make the room become very small very quick!! We do have several adjoining rooms that you can request for your next visit. Additionally, each room has 2 - 110V outlets. Guests can also request adapter so you can keep all your family's devices fully charged. Last, any guest can call the front desk and request a golf cart to pick them up and drop them off anywhere on the resort. Although my kids are older now, I can remember carrying a toddler around can get very tiresome!

I hope that you can return and take advantage of the amenities we offer that will make your stay more enjoyable!

Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My boyfriend and I recently spent the night at the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort in Curaçao. The property, which I have visited more often, is absolutely stunning. Far away from down town and practically everything, the resort is the perfect peaceful place for a romantic getaway. The service, on the other hand was a bit disappointing. When we checked in and asked for an upgrade on "partial ocean view," we got a room all the way at the other end of the hotel, with practically no ocean view. This was recovered fairly fast and we were given a new room closer to the beach. While lounging on the beach and soaking up some sun, it took about 30 minutes for our drinks to be brought over, which we thought was a little crazy. The second time we ordered drinks, it took about 10 minutes for someone to come confirm our order and then another 25 minutes to actually receive the order. Other than that, FO was really nice about giving us a late check out. Though we did very much enjoy our stay, the only disappointment really was the service, especially at the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the beach or close to the lobby, otherwise you're going to be walking distances!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stephanie v
SBR_Curacao_GM, General Manager at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear svanromondt,

Thank you for staying with for a getaway on the island. We enjoy hosting our island friends and family!

I apologize for the how long it took to get your drinks on the beach. I will definitely see what we can do to be more efficient and expedite our service.

We are definitely a getaway that is surrounded by beautiful views of the Caribbean and mountains. Because we are about 20 minutes from Willemstad, our guests can soak up the beautiful views of the crystal blue water from just about everywhere in the resort!

I hope that you can relax with us again very soon!