“Beautiful Panorama”

Ranked #12 of 50 things to do in Galena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just a few minutes out of Galena. Wonderful vista of the surrounding countryside. Worth the drive, glad we took the time.

All reviews
"town"
in 7 reviews
"monument"

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Beautiful and historic. Stop, even for just a moment, to enjoy the breathtaking views. So glad we did! The neat landscape and background on the “driftless” regions are worth the time!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is a bit off the beaten path up a narrow dirt road but totally worth the trip up. The view is incredible and I had a cool clear day to enjoy it fully. There are several signs that tell you about the local geography. I wish I'd discovered this park earlier in my trip because I would have come up later in the day for a better view of the Mississippi River. The road is gravel and narrow so take care.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Read the reviews and decided to go have a look. The gravel road up to it is not bad at all (We had AWD).
Beautiful grounds, with a lot of great information at the top. The loop I believe is 1.1 miles. If you decide to do it, remember it's as much as a climb up, as going down. I was really not prepared for that at all. The incline down and up is crazy. Just an FYI. But will go back, now I KNOW, what I'm getting into.