2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$114
eDreamsUS$114
Agoda.comUS$113
TripadvisorUS$113
Travelocity
All reviews chunky chips lovely hotel family meal sunday roast roa island an evening meal lake district good size cooked to perfection weekend break afternoon tea clarks causeway alison
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'll start with a positive the breakfast is good.
We struggled to get a shower or bath for the 2 nights that we stayed because there wasn't enough hot water well to be honest there wasn't any hot water it was barely luke warm.
We complained on the first night and it was blamed on they'd been busy and they'd used all the hot water for washing up.
We managed to wash in the morning but only just.
After spending a full day out we got back the same problem again no hot water again we complained to no avail.
The hotel in general is tired and needs an uplift and there was clutter at bottom of stairs in reception half way up stairs there's a hover then a computer in a box the staff in general are copping but do seem to be under pressure obviously we will not be staying again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had to wait a long time for our Sunday Roast Beef which was cold, tough to cut and tasteless apart from the over salted gravy. We were seated in the lounge bar area and would not recommend if you are not into football, bad language and dogs that were clearly not under control. If you do decide to eat here make sure your table is booked in the restaurant area at least its a bit more comfortable.

Reviewed 4 August 2021 via mobile

Literally the worst meal I have ever had. From the moment we arrived in the tatty bar / restaurant I was struggling to be impressed. The Sunday menu was limited which isn't unusual with everything priced equally at £14.95 for one course and £16.95 for two I think. I didn't fancy the pork or beef roast so decided to go for cod fillet in prawn lemon butter. What arrived was small and very dry looking. Served only with a few wilted greens. I looked at my family's large roasts and back at my plate in shock. I asked if the potatoes were coming and was told that it didn't come with any! It was so dry but hunger had me wolf it down while steeling some of the kids chips.

My family's meals were average at best, having the roast pork, the chicken and egg chips and beans for the kids.

The service was painfully slow with my husband's mustard arriving after he had finished his whole meal!

For desert we ordered the crumble on special and I asked if it contained nuts. The waitress must have been new as she seemed confused by the question. She told me the chef had made it and the only but in it was coconut (not a nut). So I ordered.

I took a spoon of the pudding that arrived and saw what looked like crunchy nut cornflakes. 8 asked the manager to check the ingredients and she took it away as they had no ingredients sheet in the kitchen and the chef had apparently not made it.

In summary, poor service, poor quality and poor food safety. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious meal served by lovely friendly staff. I had a Prawn Marie Rose baguette served with chips and salad - enjoyed every mouthful. My hubby had the hearty Whitby Scampi and thoroughly enjoyed it. They do smaller versions of the mains menu so they accommodate for the smaller appetite. Dog friendly too which is always a bonus.

Room tip: Plenty of parking. Dog friendly.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2021 via mobile

A group of ladies we had afternoon tea it was the best value for money the sandwiches were beautiful plentiful good variety lovely fillings as were the cakes
They brought 4 stands out more than enough