“Excellent option in Evanston”
Review of Found

Found
Ranked #7 of 314 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We looked at Trip Advisor and it seemed a nice option.
From the pictures it looked too fancy, we were in shorts and shirts.
Decided to take a look as the Hotel was very close.
Food was good, in a sharing style. Portions were enough for one.
Everything tasted delicious. Spaghetti, Flatbreads, Burguer, and dessert.
Selection of beers was good, although lacking in options.
Wine list was satisfatory, specially options on the glass.

All in all, a very good option. Be prepared for a different approach from tradicional restaurants !

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Ate outside. Great environment. Food was tasty. Small plates for sharing. Wait staff was excellent. Food was very good but not amazing.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The atmosphere at Found is perfect for a happy hour or drink and appetizer meet up. The bar and seating areas in the front are inviting and encourage one to linger and enjoy good drink, food and conversation. Meals are best taken in the back portion of the restaurant with generous sized tables.

The food rotates with the season, so do check the menu before you go.

The social nature of the establishment caters to adults. While children are very likely welcomed, I do not recall seeing children on past visits. Be sure to check on the availability of a children's menu.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

A friend suggested this place and I was a bit skeptical but decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did because I enjoyed the food and the whole experience. First, I began with an amazing Sidecar. Many places just can't get this cocktail right, but this place sure did. We began our meal by sharing a pesto asparagus goat cheese flat bread. It's not shy on the garlic, but I didn't find it overpowering either. I had the mussels for my entree. They were in the most scrumptious green curry coconut milk and lime broth. My friend had the chicken thighs. The entrees are not your standard huge American portions but are very filling and reasonably priced. The staff was friendly, the decor eclectic, and the vibe was casual.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

The food that Found creates is fresh, inventive and delicious. Kudos to the Chef and his team for gently layering flavors together with simple ingredients like radishes, parsley, full grain bread and avocados to deliver a cool taste of summer. Each bite of our green salad, salmon, mussels and lemon desert was memorable. Unfortunately the service did not match the excellence of the food. The restaurant was busy, but there were empty tables and the bar had a lot of empty seats. It took 10 minutes for a server to come to our table to ask for a drink order and then another 10 minutes to get our drinks. We weren't in a hurry so we talked about the restaurant's 1960"s decor that has recently been completed. Food is supposed to be served as it is prepared -our avocado toast was first and we were delighted. Then the servers tried to deliver hamburgers to our table - they looked good, but not what we ordered. More food came that was not ours and finally our salad arrived. We were not offered clean plates for our next course - I simply took them from a vacant table. Our server could not be seen for a second order of drinks and when the restaurant manager sat down at the table next to us to chit-chat we were surprised that he did not greet us in any fashion. We spent two hours at Found looking for service that was simply lost.